Why do the Houston Rockets always

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why do the Houston Rockets always

Get players when they're past their prime? ie Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, Mutombo, Francis (the second time around), and now Bobby Jackson. WTF is the front office thinking?

Like the country white boys say..."You gotta be shittin me!"
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Teching In

There thinking Brooks Is to fresh and Raffer sucks, so he needs help. With this trade only time will tell, because Jackson can make the office look brilliant or plain dumb
Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bobby jackson was pretty good when he was in sacramento!! havent paid attention to him lately though. what did the rockets give up to get him? im sure it was better than the spurs dumb move to give up elson, barry, and 1st round pick for kurt thomas..
Old 02-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

First off, Pippen was far from "past his prime" in his one year stint with the Rockets. It just happened to be a terrible fit for him, considering that team shot the three ball at an exceptional rate and Pippen couldn't shoot threes worth a lick. Now, his second go around with the Bulls was when he was over the hill.

As for the Kurt Thomas trade, it was a brilliant move. They shed a tad bit of sallary and upgrade their forward position with a proven veteran who can actually step out and hit the jumper--something Elson couldn't provide them. For Barry, he has been inconsistent all year. Plus, the Spurs have been looking to trade him for years now. Who cares about the first rounder; the player wouldn't even make the team.

While BJ is on his last leg, it will be interesting to see if he can provide the spark that he did under Adleman's Kings. If he stays healthy, he'll be a better option off the bench. MJ's salary was horrendous, thus being the motivating factor at ditching him and the fact that he didn't do **** here. Hate to see Bonzi go, but he wasn't going to resign anyway.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Banned

They need help at the 1 the most. Rafer has been playing really good here lately, lets hope he keeps it up. He won't be able to play 40 minutes w/ the 1's that the rockets are going to face. Hopefully BJ can give the rockets 10-12 GOOD minutes per game.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Lets think of the future as well though, think of this (at the
1- Aaron Brooks
2- T-mac like- Gerald Green
3- Carl Landry
4- Luis Scola
5- Big Yao
Just let it develop. This team was not close minded like the rest of the west was other than L.A. Thinking just about this yr. is going to suck for all those teams, wait until next yr. when they find themselves with the rust buckets not keeping up with the younger guys. I like L.A.'s chances big time. These guys have almost three freaking 7 footers in their starting rotation! Amazing move, not a LA fan but I do give props, that was a smart move for them. Memphis needs not to have a basketball team period! What the hell are they doing, you cant call it rebuilding cause they didnt get anything good to build on IMO!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned

Yes, LA has to be considered the favorite right now. The west is so stacked though, any of the 8 playoff teams has a chance to go all the way.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Yes, LA has to be considered the favorite right now. The west is so stacked though, any of the 8 playoff teams has a chance to go all the way.

Your right, I think the west is packed of talent. There are 10-11 teams right now that are only 5 games away from 1st place. With these trades though, especially the Dallas trade for Kidd, we are going to see who moves up or down the conference, in D's case it might be bad. Not bashing but you all let the guys we were all worried about go!! Devin and Diop. I forgot they still got "The Best Center in The League" in Dampier. That guy is a joke!! Sorry but Im iffy about that one. Time is the only thing that will tell how they all fared out, this year. San Antonio better watch out we are making a push for Brent Barry. Im liking our chances in acquiring him. Tonight will be a test though, those Hornets are tough and young. Oh by the way Mark Cuban could have all the money he wants, but obviously not much knowledge, IMO, getting Dale Davis?!! That dude resides in the Elderly Homes already! I like all TX teams to win it but Dallas stuck it to themselves! Just my OPINION.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Banned

NO is tough but I think the rockets win tonight. I think NO will go on a mini-slide and probably settle in somewhere around 4 or 5 in the west.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Rockets whooped that *** last night, in NO
Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Mike James sucked and was making way too much money and Bonzi Wells isn't exactly known for being an "ideal" teammate.