Wtf Ags?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 02:20 PM
LS7 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Wtf Ags?

Where did your basketball team go?

Is coaching to blame, or a loss of players? Thoughts?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

New coach=rebuilding year
Old 03-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Texas Director

What, are they something like 7-7 in the conference now? They were talking all this crap on several websites that they had "passed" Texas in BB. Guess not! A&M is bound for the NIT. If the Horns win out they should definitely get a #1 seed in the tourney.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Um, not sure if you guys are watching the UT/TT game right now, but let's not start talking trash about the Aggies when the 'Horns aren't looking too great.

-Mike
Old 03-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Texas Director

Even though Texas lost to Tech today I think they'll still be fine. Horns win out from here forward and they'll lock down a #1 seed no doubt. Texas and A&M are two basketball programs heading in opposite directions though.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mmiller
Even though Texas lost to Tech today I think they'll still be fine. Horns win out from here forward and they'll lock down a #1 seed no doubt. Texas and A&M are two basketball programs heading in opposite directions though.
mmiller, this is a terrible statement, we're not heading in the opposite direction at all, the texas team is growing but so is texas a&m, saying otherwise is a wrong, and idk why you would say that

either way, ags had a rough run here in the middle of the season, but you do have to keep in mind it is a new coach, and we still have a good amount of big wins under our belt, including texas, but yeh, we're not heading down, please refrain from a newb statement like that
Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM
LS7 Member

The ags had like 10 points in the first half today. The drop off this year for them has been nuts.

We looked like crap the whole game today in Lubbock. Nothing was falling in the second half. I think we'll be fine. No team comes out strong every night.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

A&m dosnt have a coaching problem or a player problem. They have great talent on both ends what they have is a consistancey problem... look they blew out tech who just beat texas... a&m beat texas pretty well and lost one also.. they have the team they just need to be more consistant.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Um, not sure if you guys are watching the UT/TT game right now, but let's not start talking trash about the Aggies when the 'Horns aren't looking too great.

-Mike
still, our team this year >>> aTm. we just slipped up.

i'm kinda glad bc this keeps us in the southern regional
Old 03-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by khaos288
mmiller, this is a terrible statement, we're not heading in the opposite direction at all, the texas team is growing but so is texas a&m, saying otherwise is a wrong, and idk why you would say that

either way, ags had a rough run here in the middle of the season, but you do have to keep in mind it is a new coach, and we still have a good amount of big wins under our belt, including texas, but yeh, we're not heading down, please refrain from a newb statement like that
Whaaat?? A&M is just not playing well at all right now. Have you not watched them the last few weeks? Both teams ARE heading in opposite directions. Even with Texas slipping up at Tech today they're still going to be a load to deal with in the tourney, while A&M very likely won't even make the NCAA tourney and will probably go to the NIT. Texas is head and shoulders above A&M in basketball.

Hook'em!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:49 AM
12 Second Club

No offense
Old 03-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mmiller
Whaaat?? A&M is just not playing well at all right now. Have you not watched them the last few weeks? Both teams ARE heading in opposite directions. Even with Texas slipping up at Tech today they're still going to be a load to deal with in the tourney, while A&M very likely won't even make the NCAA tourney and will probably go to the NIT. Texas is head and shoulders above A&M in basketball.

Hook'em!
mmiller i'm disappointed, normally you have good arguments but i just can't agree with this one, for a first year coach we're gonna end up with a good season, i don't see us missing the tourney, but also if we go i don't see us going very far, but none the less texas is having a better year in basketball OBVIOUSLY, but at the same time, both teams next year will be better and better, not texas better and tamu worse, i just dont see why you think a mid-season slump for a few games makes our whole franchise terrible...i just think you're wrong here man, sorry
Old 03-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Texas Director

Khaos, new coach or not, A&M had very high hopes this season and was ranked in the top ten at one point. Turgeon has underachieved with this team and I'm sure a lot of Aggies would agree with that and have got to be disappointed the way the team has come unraveled in the heart of the season. I'm not saying the whole A&M basketball program is going down the tubes long-term, but for the wheels to have come off like this has got to be very discouraging if you're an Aggie fan. A&M is going to have to step it up big-time in the Big 12 tourney if they want a shot at the NCAA's, and IMO I just don't see it happening.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Launching!

yeh, we did hit number nine, but theres alot of season left, and even the best teams have bad runs sometimes, but at the same time, i felt like you were saying the program was heading down the drain, which i would have disagreed with, but since you were just saying we had a discouraging few weeks and its possible we don't make the tournament, i can agree with that

^^^why can't ags and horns argue so civil during football season
Old 03-02-2008, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

A&M is still a good team, as they proved by beating the team that beat Texas yesterday by 40+ not even 5 days ago. But they get into these HORRIBLE slumps on offense and it just snowballs from there. I don't think they will make the tourney, but a win at Baylor would put them in the 4 spot, and it's hard to imagine a 4th place Big 12 team not getting in. A&M just needs to focus over these next two games, but I just don't see it happening.