So I watched a V6 Firebird take out two cars earlier

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I watched a V6 Firebird take out two cars earlier

BEFORE all the snow at Plano Parkway and 75. Some girl was turning right onto the street. I was stopped in the left lane going the other way waiting for light to turn green. She caught my eye cause it was a Firebird with Trans Am hatch. She turned and floored it, throwing the rear end out. Instantly I start paying attention to the tires cause I'm sure at some point we have all been there..... well, she continues to HIT THE GAS. Over corrects, car is aimed at the median, jumps it, dirt flies out from under rear tires cause shes still on the gas. Plows into a sedan in the left lane and pushes it into a Mustang in the center lane. The Mustang had a toddler in the back seat but appeared to be ok.

I thought everyone knew don't floor it while making a right hand turn when its wet. Even in the little 3800 engines. I was shocked that she didn't even let off the gas, I assume she thought she was hitting the brakes, who knows. Of course I stopped and gave my number to the 2 people hit, said they would definately need it for insurance purposes. Was able to snap just one pic as I drove by.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Resident

women drivers.. no offense amber and hilary...

that is just retarded though how she did that
Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

dont like the fact it coulda hurt the kid but atleast she took out a mustang while doing it
Old 03-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
that is just retarded though how she did that
No doubt, keep in mind that telephone pole in the middle of the pic is where she initiated the right turn from. So she had to spin right, then left, jump a median filled with dirt and end up in the center lane of the other side of the road after hitting two cars. That wasn't just a hit the gas and get loose, that was an idiot just nailing the gas and not letting off.

I came really close to yelling at the girl, especially after I saw the toddler in the Mustang. I am glad no one was hurt and that I wasn't the car that got hit, I was only about 4 cars behind him. The last thing I wanted to be doing is parting out an SS now.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm...I guess she just gave her firebird the "I'm a stupid bitch" mod.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

if thats what she did BEFORE the snow, imagine how much uglier it would have been if it had snowed
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS 666
No doubt, keep in mind that telephone pole in the middle of the pic is where she initiated the right turn from. So she had to spin right, then left, jump a median filled with dirt and end up in the center lane of the other side of the road after hitting two cars. That wasn't just a hit the gas and get loose, that was an idiot just nailing the gas and not letting off.

I came really close to yelling at the girl, especially after I saw the toddler in the Mustang. I am glad no one was hurt and that I wasn't the car that got hit, I was only about 4 cars behind him. The last thing I wanted to be doing is parting out an SS now.
****.. parting out another car and selling the ******* parts all over again.. lol oh god that would sucks *** it was hard enough pricing everything for a firebird.. then a camaro price out man i dont even wanna think about it haha.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea people under estimate the torq the 3.8s pack. I remember when i got my 96 with 52k on the clock it would burn rubber just goin straight down the road...that was with a stock size 215 tire. Nows shes got my WS6 rims with 275s and about 116k on the clock. Needless to say shes got more traction and is getting tired lol.

one less firebird on the road
one less chick drivin a firebird
Old 03-04-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Resident

my car has 120k miles on her , i dont see her getting tired anytime soon knock on wood. then again i decided not to cam her, or spray. wanna see how long shell last with full boltons and a good oil change every 3k miles. my goal is 135,000 miles on the ls1 engine
Old 03-04-2008, 01:45 AM
Launching!

Hey, if you ever see her again, maybe in court, ask her how much she wants for the Trans AM hatch? I could ue it.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HurricaneLS1
Hey, if you ever see her again, maybe in court, ask her how much she wants for the Trans AM hatch? I could ue it.

Why ask her, I have an extra one in my garage.