cop serched my friend and I

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cop serched my friend and I

Acouple of weeks ago my friends and I went somewhat mudding (went back there just to check the place out before we got the trucks) and as we were leaving the place and a cops comes right around the corner. He pulls us over and the first thing he does is make all of us get out of the car and search us on the spot and searched all of us. While all this was happening the cop partner searched the car. Did not find anything. After all of that he lets us go and tells us to never come back. Later that day we find out that he destroyed my friends center console cover ( he ripped it off of the mounts and made it look normal) So im asking if we can do anything about it.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Get used to it cause it will happen all the time now. F Bodies are also not a cops favorite car. The town i live in is where everyone knows the cops and they are all ********, so we are all ******** right back. Yea all the older guys will get on here and call me a dumbass cause i am a kid but its not like they havent done it.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Technically, I don't think they can just search you without a reason to, or a warrant even... When I had my Camaro I got searched a couple times, but I always just complied because I knew I didn't have anything to find, the cops just had something against my car.
As far as them tearing up something in the car, I mean, that's obviously unacceptable... If the cop ripped it off and then placed it back on to look "normal" then you can bet it's going to be his word against yours, and expect them not to just say "okay" and fix what they broke. However, I would definatley pursue the incident, especially if you have the officer's names. They pulled you over, searched you and your friend and the vehicle (without reason) and broke something in the car... personally, I wouldn't sit back and not bring it to their attention, I'd definately try to get them to fix their mistake.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CrystalNicole
Technically, I don't think they can just search you without a reason to, or a warrant even... When I had my Camaro I got searched a couple times, but I always just complied because I knew I didn't have anything to find, the cops just had something against my car.
As far as them tearing up something in the car, I mean, that's obviously unacceptable... If the cop ripped it off and then placed it back on to look "normal" then you can bet it's going to be his word against yours, and expect them not to just say "okay" and fix what they broke. However, I would definatley pursue the incident, especially if you have the officer's names. They pulled you over, searched you and your friend and the vehicle (without reason) and broke something in the car... personally, I wouldn't sit back and not bring it to their attention, I'd definately try to get them to fix their mistake.
we are going to report it but i doubt they will do anything about it and it wasnt in my car..it was in my friends ford explorer...its a pos anyways but still i would be **** if they did it to my car. The place we went "mudding" at was privet property. People who live in katy know what im talking about
Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Well, regardless whether the car is a piece of crap or in perfect condition, the cop still broke something that he had no business being in, in the first place.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

i love cops

me=no record
Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

lol at "serched"and "camero"

dear god you can't spell for ****
Old 03-05-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ I was thinking the same... I’ve done it a few time but always go back and correct it.

Oh, did the cops tell you why you were being pulled over and to what reason they were searching you and the car?

Someone might have reported you for being in an area that you had No business and the cops may have just been checking for any type of stolen property.

But still, the police need some type of reason for the stop and they must have Probable Cause to warrant a search or permission from the owner.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nickdotcom

Dear god you cant spell for ****. <====There, I corrected that for you!

It's only internet, nobody is going to type a college term paper here. Grammar, punctuation and misappropriation of symb@ls will always happen here. (And no, I'm not trying to be a bad ***)

Last edited by Grimlock; 03-06-2008 at 08:29 AM. Reason: neutral reasoning
Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
Dear god you cant spell for ****. <====There, I corrected that for you!

It's only internet, nobody is going to type a college term paper here. Grammar, punctuation and misappropriation of symb@ls will always happen here.
Hey you never know. haha people think they are so badass on here when they use perfect grammar and punctuation. Atleast i have an excuse. Im still in highschool.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 AM
10-Second Club

Originally Posted by irbs
....so we are all ******** right back. Yea all the older guys will get on here and call me a dumbass cause i am a kid but its not like they havent done it.
That's where you are wrong, and that's the difference between our generations, we were taught to respect the police, not be *** holes to them. When I was young I did get my fair amount of traffic violations, but I earned them, I drove fast & got caught. Just because you get pulled over doesn't make the cop an *** hole, it means you were likely doing something wrong or suspicious. I probably would have gotten into a lot more trouble had I had a punk *** attitude like some of your generation though. I always cooperated & was respectful & actually got off with warnings quite a bit. I think having my dog tags on my rear view mirror helped in some cases too since a great deal of the officers were also former military.

So, if the property you were on was private, are you or were you with the owner? Otherwise you were trespassing. You never told us the questions they asked you....I'm sure they asked you where you were heading & why you were where you were. Sounds like we are only hearing a part of the story.

Yeah, it does suck if the cop broke the console door, but cops get calls all the time about trespassers going 'mudding' (trespassing) on private property by land owners.

Essentially, if it was your land & the cop jacked with you for no reason, all you have to do is tell him to get the hell off your property or go get a warrant.

Originally Posted by nickdotcom

Says the guy that can not punctuate, lol.

Originally Posted by irbs
Hey you never know. haha people think they are so badass on here when they use perfect grammar and punctuation. Atleast i have an excuse. Im still in highschool.
That shouldn't be an excuse, you should have a good grasp of the English language by now & have basic spelling & punctuation skills mastered.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

The first thing I would have said was to get a warrant. Cops have no right to do that. Even what you were doing was wrong they still have no right to pull you over for no reason at all without explaining why, search you and your car.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Teching In

in texas a sworn texas peace officer (police officer) can search with no warrant with probable cause...his probable cause could of been that they were tresspassing on private property..and the officer was simply inventoring the car before he was going to have it towed...but let them make and let them go...i would be happy and live with it..as long as you were not injured...there is no use crying over spilled milk (console cover)
Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Teching In

check this out and know your rights

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

http://www.flexyourrights.org/freque...d_questions#16