just drove into a ditch

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just drove into a ditch

just went into a ditch and had to drive myself out. was merging onto a road and big tires = no displacement of water so ended up fish tailing, had it under control the whole time just easin on the gas as i would any other time. but then i hit a nice deep puddle and it caught the tires and spun me right into a ditch. yes, i felt like an ******* to. tried reversing out sence back tires were still touching road but sence it's wet i couldn't grip and i had to drive into the ditch to drive out haha, figured i would share my experience of driving to the bank with everyone

Damage report:lots of grass on the car, havn't found anything else yet. felt like it was driving a little strange but i think that might just be in my head.

BTW the material used on this particular merge spot is that soft concrete that when wet is like ice.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn hope your ride is alright w/ no major issues. Good to hear you were safe also.

This morning I saw a big rig off the hwy who supposedly hit the barrier and the truck was almost gonna roll off the hwy 14ft.. I hate driving in the rain
Old 03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

it's fun to drive in but only when you'r planning you'r sideways ordeals lol. ride seems find i didn't hit anything so most i could have done was knocked alignment off and with road wet i doupt suspension was straining at all when it's sliding.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

sucks, last friday in my 95 Camaro, i was turning right and somehow the car hit some ice (didnt even know ice was still on the street) and spun me all the way around and right front into the curb, think i screwed the rack but its and easy fix. Steering wheel is no longer pointing straight up, but more to the left.

Sux
Old 03-10-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

ha, kind of makes you wonder who saw you do it to. kind of like the time i though i was a mad tyte drifter in my old nissan and put it ito the woods about 40 feet. alot of people saw it and it was quite known for years.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

one guy saw me, it wasnt bad or anything, just hit the curb and drove off. the guy had a look on his face like "did he just do that ****?"
Old 03-10-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

well i did it with a packed intersection, light had just turned green so i doupt to man saw it but i'm sure a few people had the same look haha
Old 03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

could have been worse maybe you only knocked the alignment out or something minor like that ?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Easton, take it slow man, you are articulate on the looks of your car and dont want you to look for another excuse to paint another part of it!

I made that dish we were talking about over lunch the other day. I have it perfected, let me know when your free again.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

i ironically like your sig lol
Old 03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
Easton, take it slow man, you are articulate on the looks of your car and dont want you to look for another excuse to paint another part of it!

I made that dish we were talking about over lunch the other day. I have it perfected, let me know when your free again.
cool man i may have to come over again on next day off wich i think is friday. if you can't make it then there's always good ol fashion burger

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
i ironically like your sig lol
Thanks!

Quick Reply: just drove into a ditch