Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Husky Aluminum racing jack broken?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Husky Aluminum racing jack broken?

Hey all, I a jack thats very similar to this http://image.4wdandsportutility.com/...floor_jack.jpg

but its made by husky. And as soon as the warranty ran out of course it stopped working. Sometimes you will pump it and it will start jacking up and then just stop, other times it wont even start. There is a bleed screw on it and soemtimes I will open it and hear air escape and that will work, other times it wont. Does anyone have any advice? Is it junk? I would hate to junk it cause its really nice. Thanks!

Rocco
Old 04-26-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

maybe put new hydraulic jack oil in it?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Did you try bleeding it? Open the release screw so it is not trying to lift the arm while pumping. Open the bleed/fill plug. Pump the handle rapidly making sure the arm does not raise up. 10 to 15 times is usually plenty.

My jack does this periodically after sitting for long periods or after riding in the trunk of my car(possibly caused by the vibration?? I don't know.) Air is getting in the system. Eventually I will have to rebuild the cylinder with new seals, but it has been fine for years and years of just bleeding the air out.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't understand why people seem to want to use aluminum "race" jacks for daily use... they sacrifice durability for portability and if you need both then spend the $$$ for a real one.

unless it's leaving puddles open the bleeder, make sure it has enough oil in it and then follow chino_man's advice...
Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silversrtman
but its made by husky. And as soon as the warranty ran out of course it stopped working. Sometimes you will pump it and it will start jacking up and then just stop, other times it wont even start. There is a bleed screw on it and soemtimes I will open it and hear air escape and that will work, other times it wont. Does anyone have any advice? Is it junk? I would hate to junk it cause its really nice. Thanks!

Rocco
Just an FYI. Husky warranty's don't "Run out". Since its Home Depots brand, they will give you a replacement if you take it back to the store. Hell, you don't even need a sales receipt. Just make sure the store you're going back to has one, or a similar model that you would want.

And before someone goes "blahblahblah no...blahblahblah no they won't", know that I work at Home Depot, i have worked returns, and i know the company policy. If they won't, speak with a manager and ask for the Customer Service Hotline number and get their names. At that point, if it gets to that, they will more than likely give you the model above because HD takes those complaints VERY seriously. Almost to the point of being ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Husky Aluminum racing jack broken?