Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

4-Link rear suspension. Need a little help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

if you plan on still using the truck as a truck then the truck arm might be a more rugged way to go but if you are using it for street rod and drag machine then definately go torque arm. keep in mind that if the truck still sits over a foot off the ground you might run into a binding issue trying to get that steep of instant centre. im not quite sure what relation it would have to your front slip yoke being that high off the ground as im always dealing with race cars where the yoke is like 5" off the ground
maybe someone else has some bearing on this sorry i didnt have complete answer
Beaudacious
Old 11-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics are always good, hah. Just for an idea of what we're talking about. I do plan on using it as a truck, nothing big just yard waste and making the usuall trips to Home Depot to bang down the honey do list. Thanks for taking the time to help, I appreciate it.

This is how it sits right now. It has about 90lbs in the helper bags to make it sit level.
Name:  DSC02609.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  99.5 KB

This is how it sits without any air. I have spindles that will drop it and level it out.

This is how its sits with the spindles and flip. Roughly 5/7 drop.

The difference between 2dr 2wd tahoes is the frame. Here you can see how the frame kicks up, unlike pickups they go straight back at the same level.
Name:  DSC02155.jpg
Views: 1671
Size:  121.0 KB
Old 10-11-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tig
I wonder if I could use those same measurements for my Tahoe. Whats your thoughts on that?
Thats my biggest problem, figuring out the math, hah. I suck at math to say the least.
Another random question. Would a truck arm suspension be more suitable for my application? It doesnt seem as involved as a TA or linked rear.
My other problem is having a level spot to actually layout the truck on stands and figure these things out.
The truck arm was pointed out to me as a secondary idea.
Thanks again man, i appreciate your help and info.
Sorry for not responding sooner. Truck arm suspension would work for you too.and allow you to still carry a load, or pull a trailer. Easier to fab too
Beaudacious

Quick Reply: 4-Link rear suspension. Need a little help.