Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Max Jax Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max Jax Question

So I found the Max Jax on sale at really good price. I am wondering how man people actually use this lift on a lowered F-Body. Is there really enough room to sit on a creeper seat and work. I have a 24x32 shop with 10ft ceiling so not enough room for a full size lift. But I could buy one with the floor plate for low ceiling but then it will block more than half of my floor space. I would like to have the low post big lift but once you bolt it down its there and cant be moved. I just want to make sure that you can actually work on a F Body at the max Jax lift height.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 67 Posts

They are pretty short. Unless you are 3 feet tall it's not worth the effort to put one in.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

They are made to use a creeper seat but I don't know how good it works with a lowered f body. I know some people on here have that lift and just looking for their opinions.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 67 Posts

You can get a used lift off craigslist for about $1000.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

I was looking around and found this thread and figured I would provide an answer since the other posters were only so helpful and someone else may search one day.

I own and am currently using a MaxJax lift. My car is a 99 Camaro Z28 with the RS appearance package ground effects and its lowered with Strano springs. The arms fit under the car no problem, when the car is being lifted though they do contact my GFX. It appears if I didn't have the GFX there would be no contact at all. I made spacers to sit on top of the lift pad to contact the car sooner and that fixed the issue.

So the answer is this lift works great with a lowered 4th gen F-body, you might have some contact if you have GFX. It wasn't a lot of contact but enough to push the GFX up a little bit. Good luck

Quick Reply: Max Jax Question