Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Great Tool For Changing Torque Converters And Trans Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Great Tool For Changing Torque Converters And Trans Fluid

This tool helps keep your floor free of oil and helps immensely when pulling an automatic transmission. It has many other uses for evacuating fluids and once you have one you will wonder how you got along without it.

When pulling an oil pan or getting ready to pull a trans, just insert the evacuation hose into the dipstick tube and suck out all the oil!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...splay/ss-10101
Old 03-02-2005, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Will it remove ALL the fluid? Or I guess a better question is will it remove more trans fluid than dropping the pan?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Default It Will Remove MOST Of The Fluid

You should always drop the pan and CHANGE THE FILTER if you have accumulated many miles. A large number of transmission failures are due to clogged filters which reduces line pressure and causes the slipping, resulting heat, and eventual failure.

The reason this tool is so great is because you can drop the pan without getting a drop on yourself or the floor after you have removed most of the fluid. Without the tool, you can count on about a quart of fluid drooling down your arms.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

I always do drop the pan, and I have a drain plug on my pan anyway. I was just wondering if you could get the amount of fluid pumped out like you could with one of the fluid exchange machines some dealerships have.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Default It Removes Almost ALL Of The Oil

Originally Posted by Hugger
I was just wondering if you could get the amount of fluid pumped out like you could with one of the fluid exchange machines some dealerships have.
If you push the hose all the way down the dipstick tube, it removes all but maybe the last 1/16" of oil from the pan.

Be careful of some of the dealer's oil flush process. My nephew is a Tech at a large ford dealer and all they do is hook the machine to the cooler lines to exchange the old oil. Since the oil flowing through the cooler lines is only a bypass flow, they are only diluting the old oil with new. I guess that is why they call it a flush instead of oil change.

Quick Reply: Great Tool For Changing Torque Converters And Trans Fluid