Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

rachet adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rachet adapter?

anybody know where i might find a rachet adapter for a toque wrench? i know snap-on has one for around $60. dont want to spend that much- and i really don't need another torque wrench.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you mean where it turns a non ratcheting wrench into a ratchet wrench, or a set of adaptors to go from 3/8th to 1/2 or 1/4 etc.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
do you mean where it turns a non ratcheting wrench into a ratchet wrench, or a set of adaptors to go from 3/8th to 1/2 or 1/4 etc.

its where it turns a non-rachet(torque wrench) into a rachet.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i couldnt really find anyone who makes these except for the big names like mac and snap-on however...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

worth a shot?

If you cant find one thats under 70, i just suggest getting a new torque wrench because with that adaptor, i dont know if you run into any issues with clearance in tight places and im not sure you want to put that on the wrench, then a socket, then on the bolt. the fewer things in the equation, the more accurate the torque wrench is.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
i couldnt really find anyone who makes these except for the big names like mac and snap-on however...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

worth a shot?

If you cant find one thats under 70, i just suggest getting a new torque wrench because with that adaptor, i dont know if you run into any issues with clearance in tight places and im not sure you want to put that on the wrench, then a socket, then on the bolt. the fewer things in the equation, the more accurate the torque wrench is.

yea, i was hoping to find a off brand or something cheaper.looks like another toque wrench on the list. thanks for the input everybody

Quick Reply: rachet adapter?