Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Students... we get 1/2 off Mac Tools

Old 07-05-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Students... we get 1/2 off Mac Tools

I have mentioned this stuff before, and I figured I'de mention it to the new guys.

Call up your local dealer or call up Mac directly and they have someone that does this. The must be payed cash, debit, or check. It cannot be charged to a Mac account. BUT you can use a MAC credit card and I think you can apply online. Its purchased straight from Mac so it has to be ordered and shouldn't more than a few days to come in, mine should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

BUT I'm not sure if this applies to technical students only or any student. I'm in Automotive Technology(auto mechanics) and the Mac guy usually stops by the shop once a week in the fall and spring and once every 5 weeks in the summer.

I just ordered a inch lb torque wrench, some hemostats, a sex of 3/8 drive hex bits, some t handle hexs, and a blow gun kit. Normally 440 dollars worth of stuff for 220 bucks.

Josh S.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

I'm just a regular college student......would this apply??? Do you know how I can find out for sure. There are definately a few things I could use.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have to be an automotive student in a program like vo-tech, a manufacture sponsered college program like ASEP and CAP, UTI, Wyotech, NADC, others like those.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

Almost all the other major tool companies do the same thing. There is some sort of cap on how much you can buy though when it comes to larger items, and the percentages vary from company to company. My buddy is in the GM Tech program the deals he gets are killer. He got a new 42" Snap-On roll away bottom for under $1,500. He's only had it a year and he's already filled it for next to nothing.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Almost all the other major tool companies do the same thing. There is some sort of cap on how much you can buy though when it comes to larger items, and the percentages vary from company to company. My buddy is in the GM Tech program the deals he gets are killer. He got a new 42" Snap-On roll away bottom for under $1,500. He's only had it a year and he's already filled it for next to nothing.
Not bad, they are selling stuff at what it should cost!

In ontario, when i signed the apprenticeship papers i got $800 grant for tools too. It wouldnt hurt to look into that kind of thing to see if they are available.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

I'm a CAP student and I went through MATCO for tools....52% off most everything and smaller discounts on other things is great. 52" roller for $1,300
Old 07-17-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

I'm thinking about doing getting a mac tech 1000 bottom roller, I think its a 60". My tool price list doesnt have prices for it but I'ma call em up next week and see.

Josh S.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am a maint tech in a manufacturing plant..i have to have my own tools and i am going to school to get a degree..they should give me a discount too...haha
Old 08-02-2005, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

i know back when i went to votec snap on did a deal, was a little over 6k in tools, and if u did the ayes program for 2 years working at a dealer ect, the dealer took all of the tab except u paid like 700, it was still half off but damn its a good deal for all that stuff
Old 08-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Teching In

i just got 540 bucks worth of free snapon tools from school (thats at my 50 percent discount) so thats not to bad other than that ive bought quite a bit of Matco tools at 52 percent off, cant really stand our snapon guy at school, so I didnt get much through them got a bunch of mac tools though, all you have to do is call mac and have one of your teachers sign the paper to tell them your enrolled in a tech school.

Bryan
Old 08-02-2005, 05:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've always thought that was a great thing for Colleges to do, that way you can get all your tools before you even graduate and save a lot of money. Espically on Snap-On which I know WyoTech offers. Wish I was in College right now, need a couple of things... oh well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Students... we get 1/2 off Mac Tools