Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Dirty Radiator? Home Made Sprayer

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dirty Radiator? Home Made Sprayer

My 92 RS had overheating problems real bad. I did what I could using engine cleaner and a garden hose. It helped. I had an idea for a sprayer cleaner to get it cleaner but the idea didn't get practical until I thought this up for my 98 Z28.

I had an old garden watering wand that had seen better days. I squished the shank down in the vise to make it flatter and then folded back the tip of it. I then drilled a series of holes in it and tested it out. WOW!!!! It sprayed great! It was easy to work up and down, back and forth. And you should have seen all the dirt it got out. I had dirt and rocks all over the driveway.

I worked the radiator loose, sprayed it and the condensor coils with engine cleaner, and sprayed out all that gunk and most of the little rocks. It has clearly helped with the cooling.

It's cheap, easy, and it works. Though some of you might like to know about it...
Attached Thumbnails Dirty Radiator? Home Made Sprayer-radiatorsprayer1.jpg   Dirty Radiator? Home Made Sprayer-radiatorsprayer2.jpg  

Last edited by Mr Incredible; 08-12-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like new ideas...i might try that to mine.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks a lot buddy. Do you know how much trouble I'm going to be in now when my girlfriend asks where the hell her garden wand is? Well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Veteran

I just removed my raditor and blew it out with a blow gun - 175lbs pressure..... I lot of gunk came out - mostly dry grass and dirt....

Quick Reply: Dirty Radiator? Home Made Sprayer