Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Shipping a toolbox

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping a toolbox

Hey I'm a tech in Miami, thinking of relocating soon. What do you guys do when you move as far as transporting a toolbox. That is basically the largest item I have, and uhaul rates are crazy. I think freight is my only option. I have a mac tech 1000 full of tools. Probably west coast. Any idea of cost, any recommended shippers.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If your moving yourself just wrap it up and put it in the back of a u-haul truck. If not. Than you will have to put it on a pallet and take it to a trucking company drop it off there, tell them you will pick it up at there nearest dock close to your new house. That would be the cheapest. Than I would bubble wrap the hell out of it and get insurance thur the shipper for the box. It my cost 400 bucks or more to ship it.

Personally I would put it in the back of a pick-up or on a trailer. I have seen numerous boxes get damaged by shipping them!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just moved detroit to miami and i threy it in the budge t truck in the front right againts the cab tied it down with rachet straps and loaded the truck, box made it through just fine.