Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Husky tools

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Husky tools

Does anybody use these tools. I have mostly Craftsman tools but they have this really long torque wrench I have been looking at everytime I go to Home Depot. Has any ever used Husky Torque Wrenches?
Old 06-03-2006, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

I had three and returned tham all. They were anywhere from 11-22 ft/lbs out of calibration out of the package! They are made in Taiwan.... that was the final straw. I went to Sears and picked up three USA-made Craftsman click-type tq wrenches. All have been flawless.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:04 AM
Staging Lane

I have some Husky wrenches,and misc hand tools.I do not think i would buy a torque wrench though.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

I know someone who bought a Kobalt torque wrench from Lowes and it seems to do a good job. Not for sure on Husky brand, there flat head and phillips head screw drivers are pretty good, but not for sure on their other product.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:48 AM
Restricted User

I use the Husky hand tools and do use their torque wrench. I was worried about it at first, took it to work with me and had the motor pool (Army) guys run it on their calibration, it came out to be ~1.5 lbs, too low, so I set it 1lb over recommended tq and call it even. I have also tested other off the shelf wrenches this way and found many are about the same variance. Exception was my old Snap-On someone decided they needed more than I did, smashed my truck window and took it. Anyway, that one came out <.25lbs off. so it was good.
For the $ I havent found many hand tools out there I like the ergonomics of better then the husky. And havent had a failure yet. Of course, these LS1 dont require the same torque as the Olds BB do either.

The QC on their Tq wrenches may suck, just seen where above stated it was off a lot more than mine....maybe I got lucky, you unlucky or thats just the lacking of QC.