User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Banned???? For no reason

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banned???? For no reason

Hey guys. I hope that you look at this and I just sent the webmaster email an email. I just got banned for no reason. In the email you sent me about being banned it says spammer but I am not a spammer. Look back at my username (tording99z28) and you will see I have never spammed anything. I am merely an LS1 lover and I try to help people as much as possible. In the threads for that stupid converter I was merely saying that the post should be deleted because it was spam, I was not the one spamming it. Please unban my account (tording99z28) because I did nothing wrong.

Well I just got a kickback on the email I sent to webmaster@ls1tech.com so it did not go through. Please look at this post. I did nothing wrong to get banned.
Tyler
Old 03-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tording99z28#2
Hey guys.
Tyler
Yea, great. My first username still says that I'm banned for posting hardcore ****.
Whatever those ******* ****** type in is what you get.

I see this site spiraling down the toilet.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. I hope that you look at this and I just sent the webmaster email an email. I just got banned for no reason. In the email you sent me about being banned it says spammer but I am not a spammer. Look back at my username (tording99z28) and you will see I have never spammed anything. I am merely an LS1 lover and I try to help people as much as possible. In the threads for that stupid converter I was merely saying that the post should be deleted because it was spam, I was not the one spamming it. Please unban my account (tording99z28) because I did nothing wrong.

Well I just got a kickback on the email I sent to webmaster@ls1tech.com so it did not go through. Please look at this post. I did nothing wrong to get banned.
Tyler
Looked it over and it might have been a mistake so you are unbanned.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Yea, great. My first username still says that I'm banned for posting hardcore ****.

Now this sort of post just might get you banned .
Old 03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

well this happened 2 me once but I only got a warning. I was replying to a spammers post and was the 1st to post in it and some how the original poster was removed and I was suddenly the poster. So it looked like I make the thread instead of replied to it. Pretty messed up buy we got it figured out...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I am unbanned so YAY and thanks for that guys. I will not post anymore in threads that are started by spammers, I learned my lesson. Still one question though, I still have an infraction on my account it says, now the infraction says for **** poster. Because of the infraction I can not send or receive any PM's or anything like that and it almost looks like I have restricted access to some of the features of the board. Anything we can do about getting that infraction removed so my account will be back to normal?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Tyler
Mistakes do happen and you had a very cool attitude about this, glad Mike got it solved for you!

Serriously? Add a comment that's constructive. We don't get paid for this but we have pride in this site and we do our best.

You should too, and if something does bother you, take the time to help resolve it or change it in a positive way. If not, move on.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Mistakes do happen and you had a very cool attitude about this, glad Mike got it solved for you!

Serriously? Add a comment that's constructive. We don't get paid for this but we have pride in this site and we do our best.

You should too, and if something does bother you, take the time to help resolve it or change it in a positive way. If not, move on.

well said
Old 03-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2

As I said this was my first user account in 2004, it's now 2009---five years later. I would say it's safe to say I've moved on. I never made a big deal about it, I was in the process of moving, which means new IP address. I just let it go and re-registered.
My point being is that it had nothing to do with ****. I'd assume the staff member that made the decision to put that up there is long gone. So it's over and done. I was just telling the OP it could have been worse.
The reason for the ban was simply a disagreement between me and a moderator, IMO that doesn't justify having been banned due to posting **** under my old username.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Banned

And FWIW, I noticed a ton of the staff members left this site to go to that other one. So whoever banned me for the BS reason, well I know went there. Whats even more funny is the email I got inviting me to join that site, it was the email I had with that old user name.

SO basically I have no clue whats going on here, but if all the old staff is gone, maybe the new staff here can make better decisions, and act more mature, unlike the old staff.

Thats why I'm here, and not so much over there. I haven't posted as much as I used to, I've been busy plus I'm sitting back waiting to see how things settle out here.

We don't get paid for this but we have pride in this site and we do our best.
This is a perfect example of dealing with what I said, with the old staff, it would have just been BANNED!!!
This quote tells me that you, at least are more mature than the ones who left. This makes me less likely to post such harsh words, so being dealt with in this manner I feel will result in an overall more positive outlook here.

PS it's 4:30 pm, I couldn't sleep, hope I'm making sense.

Last edited by 9000th01ss; 03-26-2009 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm... Definitely not dude.. Why're you trying to sleep at 4:30 in the afternoon?

Sorry, I'm just bored and this came up with the "new posts" button, lol. Glad your situation was resolved OP.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:01 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

And FWIW, I noticed a ton of the staff members left this site to go to that other one. So whoever banned me for the BS reason, well I know went there. Whats even more funny is the email I got inviting me to join that site, it was the email I had with that old user name.

SO basically I have no clue whats going on here, but if all the old staff is gone, maybe the new staff here can make better decisions, and act more mature, unlike the old staff.

Thats why I'm here, and not so much over there. I haven't posted as much as I used to, I've been busy plus I'm sitting back waiting to see how things settle out here.

This is a perfect example of dealing with what I said, with the old staff, it would have just been BANNED!!!
This quote tells me that you, at least are more mature than the ones who left. This makes me less likely to post such harsh words, so being dealt with in this manner I feel will result in an overall more positive outlook here.

Amen. I believe with more respect in general, LS1tech will be an awesome site for years to come. So stick around
Old 03-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Texas 02 Z28
Hmm... Definitely not dude.. Why're you trying to sleep at 4:30 in the afternoon?
well not everyone is in CONUS right now sadly ...like this guy (the op of his thread) https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...-new-post.html ..he's in Afghanistan ..apparently 12 hrs out of sync with Texas (630pm for him is 930am for TSP or so)...glad your account is fixed tording99Z28
Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Texas 02 Z28

Sorry, I'm just bored and this came up with the "new posts" button, lol. Glad your situation was resolved OP.
Yea, I couldn't get to sleep and posted that. Right after hitting the button I seen it, and hit edit. It kept saying database error or something so I went to bed.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well my account is still restricted with no access to PM's or many of the site features. Any chance mods can remove that infraction I have that I did not do so that I can get full access to the site again?

Quick Reply: Banned???? For no reason