User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Mods on Crack?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mods on Crack?

Recently in the Negative Feedback forum there has been a certain mod being a hard-*** to people for trying to help out other members. I see where he is coming from because alot of the time threads can get out of control, but alot of the time the information people are posting can really be helpful to the person who made the thread. As users of this forum we should be able to discuss our transactions about potential thieves and maybe prevent another member from getting ripped off. So instead of making a rule that pretty much says "Don't help anyone unless your name is mentioned", why don't you just take care of the people who get out of hand?

But what really bugs me is while this "rule" to keep us from helping eachother is being heavily enforced, none of the rules in the actual For Sale forum are. I see alot of threads everyday where sellers are being harassed by people who have no intentions of buying the product - which is against the rules, right?

I think the mods need to get there heads on straight with this one.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Are talking about me???

First off, that rule was in place in the feedback section for years. The sticky just disappeared in the last staff transition. It is nothing new, it was just never enforced.

Why do you feel you have a right to stir the pot in a transaction that has nothing to do with you? The sale, or transaction, had nothing to do with you, why do you think the feedback does?

As for the classifieds threads, it is physically impossible to read every single new post every single day. That is why there is a "Report Post" button on every single post made. If you see something that we have not caught, please report the post so we can do the job you so desperately want us to do. We are in there every single day looking for just what you are talking about, but like I said, we cannot find them all. Sorry.

As for being on crack or being a hard *** to people, who exactly am I being a hard *** too? In fact I have not even posted or had interaction in that forum for about 20+ days now. Unless you are talking about someone else, I think you are exaggerating a bit here.

If you are talking about me, next time just drop me a PM with your concerns and I will gladly try to help you out in an way I can.

- X
Old 05-27-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Why do you feel you have a right to stir the pot in a transaction that has nothing to do with you? The sale, or transaction, had nothing to do with you, why do you think the feedback does?
Half the time I've seen you post the rule the people were simply helping. Like I said in my first post, instead of making a rule to keep people from helping eachother, send a PM to the trouble makers - and I DO understand where you are coming from because I have read the threads that get out of hand.

But the other day I saw a thread about a member who seemed very shady when I did a transaction with him, but things went over very well, should I not be allowed to say that in the thread?

I think it's just a stupid rule. I have no problem with you at all, it just seems like you got stuck with the **** job of enforcing a stupid rule. I know for a fact I'm not the only one that thinks this way and the reason you are having such a hard time enforcing that rule is because it is, for lack of a better word, stupid.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Fair enough. I see where you are coming from as well.

Like I have asked others, do you have any ideas or suggestions that would better the situation in there without letting the threads get out of hand?

I know the easiest way is to simply remove the unnecessary comments, but we simply do not have the time to police every single post.

I am completely open to suggestions, maybe you could talk with some of the other guys that like to help and throw out some ideas for us to edit the rules by. Fair enough?

BTW, thanks for the honest reply.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
Fair enough. I see where you are coming from as well.

Like I have asked others, do you have any ideas or suggestions that would better the situation in there without letting the threads get out of hand?

I know the easiest way is to simply remove the unnecessary comments, but we simply do not have the time to police every single post.

I am completely open to suggestions, maybe you could talk with some of the other guys that like to help and throw out some ideas for us to edit the rules by. Fair enough?

BTW, thanks for the honest reply.
I owe you an apology, I probably should have PMed you first. Also, I knew the "Mods on Crack" thread title would get someone to look.

But back on topic. What about upping the mods in that zone? The Negative Feedback area is obviously a forum with alot of heated discussion and having a few extra moderators in that area couldn't hurt much. You could even have those same mods looking over the Classifieds to keep the trolls out of there too.

Or simply use the Report function you mentioned earlier. Thread starters could simply report any posts they don't want in their thread and "defendants" could easily report the same posts if they felt they were unnecessary to the thread.

I just hate to see a rule in place that keeps us from helping each other from losing money.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

It's all good man!

Good ideas, keep them coming. I think this will be good for everyone involved, so spread the word.

Thanks again for the input.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree with this thread, i have browsed the neg feedback forum before, and i have a ton of information that i could have helped some people with, but i did not post anything because the rules state im not suppose to.

Quick Reply: Mods on Crack?