User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Am I missing something!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Am I missing something!?

I am a member on many different forums, and most of them subscribe to the same architecture as this forum; same layout, same key operations, etc. However, with the other forums I frequent, I am able to view who is on line, how many is on line and who is viewing what thread. I can do this on the main page at the bottom as well as in the individual threads. I can not do this here. The only thing I see on the bottom of the main page is the newest member. What am I missing? I have already offered payment for membership, but was told the forum does not take dues or donations. So what is the deal? Or is it that this is a blocked feature from everyone?

Thanks for reading my rambles, lol.

DM
Old 06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Banned

Oh and another thing, lol.

Why do I have to manually subscribe to every thread that I post in? I even have to do this on the I myself START. Where is the option to automatically subscribe to the thread once you post in them and especially when you start them?

DM
Old 06-24-2009, 01:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Due to the large number of people that are here at any given time that feature was disabled. IIRC it was done in an attempt to free up server memory to help the search work better.

Go to: User CP , under "Settings and Options" select "Edit Options", under "Messaging and Notifications" there is a dialog box titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode" - set the pull down menu to anything other than "do not subscribe" and you will automatically subscribe to any thread you post in.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's thousands of people on here at a time. If there's somebody you want to check out, just search their name. It only takes a few seconds and would be much quicker than reading through all the people online.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

thanks for the info guys. I guess I am just nosy and like to see who is on or reading my threads

Thanks for the info Jimmy!

DM
Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 PM
10 Second Club

No problem. I can remember when the list was on the bottom of the main screen. The print was about the same size as whats under your avatar and the box was always about 6" tall.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks to the wayback machine you can see what I mean: http://web.archive.org/web/200510310...ch.com/forums/

Quick Reply: Am I missing something!?