User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

how users got banned?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how users got banned?

Its not a real important question but i was wondering if there is a way i could find out how or why some users got banned. A way i could find out since im not a mod or anything.

I dont wanna get a dumb answer like, you get banned for asking questions like this. Just wondering.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how ready other mods are to wield their ban hammer, but I try and ban as few people as possible for as short an amount of time possible. The only time I really ban people is 1) for using racial slurs, 2) for making threats or invitations of physical violence, or 3) when they absolutely will not let an issue go and begin to flood the forums with hijack posts regarding it. I use bans as a forced period of cooldown, or to remove a troublesome user (troll, spammer) entirely. I would never ban a user for asking a question like this, even if it's stated in an aggressive manner towards me. But all staff members are different, and handle situations differently.

As far as the reason, the banned user is shown it and the rest of the staff can see it via the moderator control panel. As far as I know, there is no way for a other users to see why somebody was banned. If you have a specific question, feel free to PM me and I'll try to poke around the CP and find out for you.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

Why thank you Vendetta.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Lots of times a little digging can yield the reasoning behind the ban. Often times a quick search of recent posts will show what the issue was. I've found it often happens within a 24 hr period of them being banned, as long as the posts werent deleted by a mod or something like that.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Unless it's Fastfox..
Old 02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Your avatar made me laugh Merv

Quick Reply: how users got banned?