User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Can't post in Classifieds/Marketplace? CHECK THE FAQ STICKY ABOVE FOR ANSWERS!!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posting Parts For Sale

How do you go about being allowed to post parts in the classified section. I have tried multiple times but it keeps saying I am not setup to post listings or that I dont have privledges to post. I have been going to the parts classifieds section and then went to post thread but it does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

if you will look in the yllow highlighted stickies you will find your answer.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll go ahead and just answer the question for you. 50 posts is required if I'm thinking correctly. Almost there man.

Jon
Old 07-06-2010, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys for the response, I missed that in the stickie. I have some stuff still left over from my header/exhaust and intake install that i want to get rid of.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why can't I post in the parts classifeds section?

I am trying to send someone a PM on a certain part that they are selling and i get a message saying that my account can't be activated for that specific forum due to 2 reasons.

I dont have priveleges or I have been banned from the classifeds.

This makes no sense to me.

I barely post on here to begin with.

Can anyone advise on this?
Old 07-10-2010, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Its probably bc of your post count being too low. On other forums I'm in you have to have a minimum post count of 50 or so. All forums are different. Don't just post to up your count though, could get you banned. I've seen it happen..
Old 07-11-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

why just in that specific forum and not the rest? Is there a mod on here that can clarify?
Old 07-11-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

because they want to make sure you are legit. I guess anyone could go to about 10 f-body specific forums as a new member, post up some "new in box" subframe connectors for sale and sell them to 10 different people. You could still do that with 50 posts on all 10 of those forums, but it probably discourages most from doing so. This restrictions would really only apply to selling thing, if they restricted all the sub-forums with less than 50 posts you would never get to 50 post.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Teching In

I'm having the same problem. I just bought a set of heads from a guy in there and wanted to give him a public "Thank you!" because he was very understanding and very patient while I worked out some issues with my paypal account.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Teching In

I'm assuming the same applies for the WTB part of the forum as well? Because I'm having the same issues in there too.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:51 AM
Teching In

Ok I read the sticky and you have to have 50 post or be a member for 6 months to post in the Sale part of the forum.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,460 Likes on 1,053 Posts

The answers to all these questions can be found in the FAQ sticky in the User Resources section.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Default posting wtb

first off I dont want to beat a dead horse and I know why you dont want people posting things for sale that arent trusted members and I completely agree with it. on the other hand if people want to buy things I think it would be safe to let people post even if they are new. seems to me If I buy something then I pay for it first and I take all the risk so I suggest this. allow posting in the wtb section but limit replys to trusted members with 50 posts or 6 months. this would give trusted members a chance to sell their parts to new members by looking for who is buying and would give buyers the reassurance that the seller is a trusted member who is not going to rip them off. this is only my opinion though, just a thought.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The scam is not always on the Seller side. The Buyer can dispute with PayPal or their Credit Card company and can get a charge back. The seller would then be out product and funds. It happens. Credit Card numbers get stolen, etc. The Administration feels this is a strong enough reason to apply the restrictions to both parities

Last edited by JeremyT; 07-22-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Teching In

didnt know it was that easy the screw people over these days, well it was just a thought as I said, either way Im still making headway buying up the parts I need so I cant complain too much, definately a great site for getting what I need, or want.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Teching In

problem is a lot of good people are just not into discussions on the forum but would love to buy stuff up and can't, because they can't even post on the for sale stuff. You can't tell them that it is a great item and good luck. So it screws a lot of us good people. I have thousands to spend on my car right now and found exactly what I was looking for and couldn't post up that I wanted it. But I was able to PM him and still make the sale. So blocking from posting was/ is pointless. I paid my $950 bucks and got my item in a timely manner.
So do like all the other major forums and just be a minimum post count to sell and don't stop good people from buying and posting. If someone wanted to fraud you, they will find a way.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NinjaBall
problem is a lot of good people are just not into discussions on the forum but would love to buy stuff up and can't, because they can't even post on the for sale stuff. You can't tell them that it is a great item and good luck. So it screws a lot of us good people. I have thousands to spend on my car right now and found exactly what I was looking for and couldn't post up that I wanted it. But I was able to PM him and still make the sale. So blocking from posting was/ is pointless. I paid my $950 bucks and got my item in a timely manner.
So do like all the other major forums and just be a minimum post count to sell and don't stop good people from buying and posting. If someone wanted to fraud you, they will find a way.
Private message the seller of said parts... let them decide whether or not they want to do business with you. Very simple. Even states in the for sale section that you can't call 'dibs' in threads, so you may as well PM the seller directly. If you don't want to post and contribute, or ask questions to learn anything else... wait your 6 months.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

The classifieds section is more of a member service than a main feature and always has been. The main focus of LS1Tech is, by great and wide margin, all about enthusiasts sharing information.

As stated, it's certainly just as easy, if not even easier, to screw a seller as it is to screw a buyer. I had a friend who sold a laptop for $2,000. The buyer got it and did a charge back on his credit card. From there, it's a civil matter, cops can't help. Good freaking luck getting it resolved. I could go on with another story, but you get the point.

As stated, you can still use PM's.

And, yes, this has been discussed in length multiple times.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Default Why cant I post a WTB in Classifieds?

Why cant I post a WTB in Classifieds?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6882681-post3.html

Read the stickies!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't post in Classifieds/Marketplace? CHECK THE FAQ STICKY ABOVE FOR ANSWERS!!