User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

I accidentally hid my "Marketplace Search" box, how do I get it back?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I accidentally hid my "Marketplace Search" box, how do I get it back?

I was searching the parts classifieds a few days ago and accidentally clicked the "hide marketplace search" button. I tried logging off and logging back on and clearing the cookies. How do I get the search box back? Thanks.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

There should be an icon for it on the left of the threads.....
Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

As 01ssreda4 stated, there should be a click-able image that will expand the search box:

The above click-able image is hosted external from LS1Tech, so if you're blocking remote images or have some other filter to block external content, it may not display.

Also, the option is cookie-based via one cookie. Several LS1Tech cookies are used for site preferences, so you may not have deleted the right cookie (or all LS1Tech cookies) to revert.
Attached Thumbnails I accidentally hid my "Marketplace Search" box, how do I get it back?-ls1techwidgethide.jpg  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks JeremyT! I still don't see that clickable image you show in the screen shot, but I'll try it on a different computer and see if I can get it work.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:51 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Look for the "marketplace_widget_collapse" cookie under LS1Tech. This cookie is set if you use the Hide Search in the Classifieds. If that cookie is not there, default will have the Search displayed.

If you don't see the image, make sure you're not filtering content from http://static.ibsrv.net

Can you see the following embedded image? If you don't see the image below this sentence, then you must be filtering content: