User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Mobile Theme - BB 9780

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mobile Theme - BB 9780

Thank you for a great job of managing this website for the trolls of the Ls1 community

Blackberry 9780 using mobile theme !

At the bottom of the page ( Normal Version ) only works if I logout of my account & then click the (Normal Version) to return to the default theme,

So the normal version at the bottom till I am logged out & in the login page I click (Normal Version) to return to the default theme.

Please consider this matter urgently to help me.

Thank you
Alawi
Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm a little confused as to the concern. I checked your account and it shows normal. Your account is set to use default theme (not mobile).

However, if you're using the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page, that is cookie based and not account based. It will override your account settings.

Therefore, it will depend on the device you're using and any cookies set as to what theme you will see with the particular device.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Launching!

To clarify in detail once more,

Using the mobile theme, Clicking the (Normal Version at the Bottom in Mobile theme) won't do anything (Basicly like I just refreshed the same page & still in Mobile theme) !! << Its supposed to take me to the Default theme =s

I tried typing www.ls1tech.com in the browser again but still opens up in Mobile theme.
The only way I over ran this problem is by clicking(Logout in Mobile theme) then click (Normal Version) TADA ... I'm back to the Default theme !!

Thank you for the fast response =D
Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 PM

Thank-you for the clarification. I now understand the issue.

I believe this is more related to Black Berry, as the feature works on other devices. The Normal Version link, when viewing while using the Mobile mode, and the drop-down menu you see when using the Normal, work slightly different but both alter cookies.

I'll have to do some checking as Black Berry devices tend to have issues with certain java scripts. The Normal Version link is using an "onclick" java event and it may not work on all Black Berry devices.

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
To clarify in detail once more,

Using the mobile theme, Clicking the (Normal Version at the Bottom in Mobile theme) won't do anything (Basicly like I just refreshed the same page & still in Mobile theme) !! << Its supposed to take me to the Default theme =s

I tried typing www.ls1tech.com in the browser again but still opens up in Mobile theme.
The only way I over ran this problem is by clicking(Logout in Mobile theme) then click (Normal Version) TADA ... I'm back to the Default theme !!

Thank you for the fast response =D
Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Well I hoped I brought something important to your attention & would also demonstrate the problem in a video asap ... I will try clearing my cookies & check too

Thank you
Alawi
Old 05-18-2011, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have issues with mobile tech also on my bb. from now on i just use the mobile theme but i still have issues (pictures are funky and compressed, when i start and send a pm it doesnt show up in the sent folder but it still sends, and the parts classified section doesnt work)
Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Smile

Originally Posted by my bandit
i have issues with mobile tech also on my bb. from now on i just use the mobile theme but i still have issues (pictures are funky and compressed, when i start and send a pm it doesnt show up in the sent folder but it still sends, and the parts classified section doesnt work)
I'm no computer wizard but as you can read above BB javascripts are a bit of a trouble makers.

I say stick to default theme ... Oh yea BTW my problem is also the same on www.camaroForums.com ... They use the same mobile them structure. So I'm now sure its not ls1tech.com related
Thank you again for your help =)
Old 05-19-2011, 06:58 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

HA!! I thought I was the only one having this issue a week ago! It would do the same to me, and I have an iPhone 4. I'd click to go back to normal version (MUCH MUCH easier to read classifieds that way) And it would just refresh and not go to the normal page. It would just refresh the mobile theme.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by JeremyT
Thank-you for the clarification. I now understand the issue.

I believe this is more related to Black Berry, as the feature works on other devices. The Normal Version link, when viewing while using the Mobile mode, and the drop-down menu you see when using the Normal, work slightly different but both alter cookies.

I'll have to do some checking as Black Berry devices tend to have issues with certain java scripts. The Normal Version link is using an "onclick" java event and it may not work on all Black Berry devices.
Originally Posted by my bandit

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
HA!! I thought I was the only one having this issue a week ago! It would do the same to me, and I have an iPhone 4. I'd click to go back to normal version (MUCH MUCH easier to read classifieds that way) And it would just refresh and not go to the normal page. It would just refresh the mobile theme.
Ok people now this is a temporary fix for BB users ...

Open browser
Go to options
Clear cookies
Goto www.ls1tech.com
(Pop-up) choose if you want mobile theme or not.

Please help spread this info temporarly because many BB users restart their phones(which takes forever) just to get back to Default theme.
I will try to post this problem to blackberry users & see what will fix this trouble.
Thank you Alawi
Old 05-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Launching!

I tried camaroforums mobile theme too ... Same problem =(

Started a thread at crackberry forums:
http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/ma...0/#post6341930
Please try to help out sorting this out in some way.
Thankyou
Old 05-19-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
I'm no computer wizard but as you can read above BB javascripts are a bit of a trouble makers.

I say stick to default theme ... Oh yea BTW my problem is also the same on www.camaroForums.com ... They use the same mobile them structure. So I'm now sure its not ls1tech.com related
Thank you again for your help =)
my only thing about not using the mobile theme is it takes so much longer to load everything
Old 05-19-2011, 12:47 PM

Your iphone is different. Your issue would have been unrelated. I can only suggest, in your case, it was a corrupt cookie. This is not an uncommon issue with any browser from time to time. Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, with an iphone, you have to delete all cookies and cannot singly and manually delete any cookies like you can with other browsers when this happens.

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Junkie

It did the same thing to me on my G2 with android 2.2. However, logging out and logging back in fixed it. I like the mobile theme, but it is absolutely HORRIBLE for trying to browse the classifieds.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
It did the same thing to me on my G2 with android 2.2. However, logging out and logging back in fixed it. I like the mobile theme, but it is absolutely HORRIBLE for trying to browse the classifieds.

WERD !!

Too bad made me think MS4 on sale for 60$ today lol
Old 05-25-2011, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

Why run the mobile theme? I run android 2.3 on my HD2 and the forum looks perfect in desktop view.

I do that for pretty much all pages now, since 4g around here is quite quick.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

My blackberry does the same thing. After selecting a new theme, I had to clear my cache out, because even after a commanded change to mobile, it would simply load the sight from memory as opposed to refreshing, so it still showed in the previous selection. Im SURE this is a ploy originating from the cell service provider in order to save bandwidth. Going to pages that are in your cache load from your cache NOT from the actual internet. With a live moving website like a forum, you could see how this would be aggravating as nothing ever refreshes.

Quick Reply: Mobile Theme - BB 9780