User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Custom Usertitles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Custom Usertitles?

How does this work exactly? Some members have the ability to change it through their User CP, while for others like me, there is no option to. I thought it might be a post count thing, but quite a few with less posts than I do can do it, and there are people with later join dates as well. Do you have to ask a Mod or something? Just curious, been wondering this for awhile.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

The only users that can change their own user titles are moderators and admins, not regular members regardless of post count or join date.

If you see someone that isn't site staff that has a custom title, it's either because it was changed by the staff at some point, or because they were previously on staff and nobody put their title back to default when their status returned to being a regular member.

Like user names, user titles are not changed by request - so asking won't help. This usually ends up happening to a member based on their epic (usually bad, but not always) posting habits, and is rarely done.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

To add to RPM WS6, another custom user title that you'll see (and perhaps could be what you're asking about?) is "8 Second club", "9 Second club", etc. Those are done through the Social Groups. You must be approved by the group, through submitting proof of your run, to get those custom user titles.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyT
To add to RPM WS6, another custom user title that you'll see (and perhaps could be what you're asking about?) is "8 Second club", "9 Second club", etc. Those are done through the Social Groups. You must be approved by the group, through submitting proof of your run, to get those custom user titles.
Excellent point Jeremy. I had forgotten about this circumstance.