User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Issues with Site Loading on Mobile Device

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Issues with Site Loading on Mobile Device

My mobile layout of tech is so messed up right now sub forums are in the wrong spot or missing completely, it seems like half the page didn't load with thread title new replies etc all mashed together..

Im hoping something is just hay wire right now and this isn't the way it is going to be.

I couldn't find the suggestions/site problems forum with the way it is.. I found a new members thread in here and thought of you.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:56 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Moving to US&R and changing title for better description....

I don't use any sort of mobile device for internet applications, so I'm not sure what the deal might be. JeremyT would be the guy to look into issues like this. I'm sure he'll be along soon...
Old 02-20-2014, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Moving to US&R and changing title for better description....

I don't use any sort of mobile device for internet applications, so I'm not sure what the deal might be. JeremyT would be the guy to look into issues like this. I'm sure he'll be along soon...
Thanks a ton.. Only thing i could think of to get towards a solution.

Jeremy- i have rebooted my phone.. Cleared all history cache cookies etc... Logged out and back in several times.. Nothing has changed.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree the new mobile layout is terrible. No fast reply, tip many
Old 02-20-2014, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

I agree the new mobile layout is terrible. No fast reply, too many sub categories like sales department? Come on...
And don't you guys get tired of the Verizon ads every time i load the Verizon ad which is like every click of a link i have to turn my phone then turn it back just to be able to close the ad and continue browsing. Its very frustrating.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wait.. This is the new Mobil lay out?

I really really hope not... This has changed in past two days give or take.

I thought something was messed up with my phone.

Jeremy T could you please verify if this is a new lay out.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Still having issues... I can't use the site the way its acting so id really like to figure this out.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 03:21 AM
11 Second Club

acting up for me also
Old 02-22-2014, 07:09 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It is correct that a new mobile theme, Mobile One, was pushed to sites in the network. Can you post a screen capture of what you're seeing and describe what you mean by "acting up"? I was not involved with the theme and can't make guarantees with it but if you can provide the information along with some constructive comments to fix anything that may be an issue, it might help.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by lemons12
Still having issues... I can't use the site the way its acting so id really like to figure this out.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2014, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Well, if this layout its what we are stuck with then the only real problem i have always had is the pop up ad. When it loads the exit button for the ad is hidden behind the ls1tech banner at the top, right behind the menu icon for logging in. So then you must turn the phone sideways and back upright too get it to fit the page correctly.
When i am looking at a classified ad, and i click back to go back onto the classified listings. It has been taking me all the way back too the main page..
Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 PM

If you could post a screen capture showing the issue with the popup, I'll see if we can investigate. When I used it I did not see that issue but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We just need more information.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by severancej
Well, if this layout its what we are stuck with then the only real problem i have always had is the pop up ad. When it loads the exit button for the ad is hidden behind the ls1tech banner at the top, right behind the menu icon for logging in. So then you must turn the phone sideways and back upright too get it to fit the page correctly.
When i am looking at a classified ad, and i click back to go back onto the classified listings. It has been taking me all the way back too the main page..
Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes new "mobile one" sucks. Just can't leave **** alone can yall??? Parts Classified section: select thread title to view thread, only thing that loads up is the Market Place thread creater. Nothing about sales ad appears.
Also when turn phone sideways to type, can't see what ik typing, due to this big *** red "Reply" banner across top and keyboard on bottom half. "reply" banner really necessary?? I'm quite aware its a reply since I'm the one typing the damn thing.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I honestly dont have the time to sit here and nail out every issue with it.. I have tried using it after I found out it was a new layout and not just my phone acting horribly wrong. I honestly thought it was so bad it had to be my phone. It is 100% a complete and utter fail.
It is absolutely terrible.

Jump on a phone and see for yourself, every aspect is horrible.

Parts classified takes up half my screen and it will not let me scroll left and right so I cant even read the posts unless I am in landscape mode.
Missing sub forums and or in the wrong place.. click on some of the options on the main page and it takes you to nothing.
You can no longer skim through new posts or replies in threads or easily see who posts them because its all mashed together. This is probably my biggest complaint.

I could easily go on. I wasnt thrilled about the new classified layout we had a couple years back but I knew I could learn to deal with it. I still dont see what it did positive for the users but if it helped something sobeit.

This layout is so horrid I dont see it being able to be used effeciently from my phone.
Unfortunately if it isnt changed if, big if, I do use tech it will be once every few weeks when I make it to a computer for around 20 minutes. That isnt meant as some threat or anything.. Im actually bummed about it.

I am aware of two changes that ib has accomplished in the past few years.. One being classifieds other being this... classifieds was tolerable but very obvious it wasnt a user favorite. This is horrid.
Who exactly is ib here for?
Me and tony didnt hardly ever see eye to eye but he left good enough alone.. This site works and it works good. There is no reason to go messing with it with something like that. People have been screaming tapatalk but instead you change it to an even worse mobile layout.

I understand youre just a tech guy here to help us jeremy and you get the bad end of everything... But if there is *anything you can do to get it back to the way it was im begging you.
I will be losing access to a lot of good info... selling and buying many items.. and sharing my knowledge and information with many other tech members.
Ill be pretty let down to see this stick anything close to what it is presently.

This is one long time member you will be losing. I hope you guys care about us for our support or sticking together so many years and it giving the new guys a reason to be part of this site. I have no idea where ib stands on this... I see what is being spit in my face.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys check out the LS1tech app? It's available for iDevices and IMO much better than the mobile version of the site.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...ally-here.html
Old 02-25-2014, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M4N14C
You guys check out the LS1tech app? It's available for iDevices and IMO much better than the mobile version of the site.
Ms dos is better than the mobile version, so not saying much there. The app is nice. I use it mostly. However half the time the pics don't load up, so ill jump on the mobile version (use to) to view some threads. And you STILL have to switch over to Full Site in order to view a person's trader rating. Guess that's another suggestion that's been "overlooked" by IB over the Years, along with every suggestion made by the people on THIS SITE. We get the changes that "work well on our other forums"...... Because we all know One generic format works best for Everyone.

Footnote - "overlooked" means "doesnt give a ****"
Old 02-26-2014, 02:21 PM

I can confirm there is some issues with page layout in the Classifieds (also discussed in another thread) and there has been confirmation of the forum display issue. I put a ticket into the system a few days ago when this issue became reported, since I'm not involved with the theme, but I don't know when it will be resolved.

Originally Posted by lemons12
I honestly dont have the time to sit here and nail out every issue with it.. I have tried using it after I found out it was a new layout and not just my phone acting horribly wrong. I honestly thought it was so bad it had to be my phone. It is 100% a complete and utter fail.
It is absolutely terrible.

Jump on a phone and see for yourself, every aspect is horrible.

Parts classified takes up half my screen and it will not let me scroll left and right so I cant even read the posts unless I am in landscape mode.
Missing sub forums and or in the wrong place.. click on some of the options on the main page and it takes you to nothing.
You can no longer skim through new posts or replies in threads or easily see who posts them because its all mashed together. This is probably my biggest complaint.

I could easily go on. I wasnt thrilled about the new classified layout we had a couple years back but I knew I could learn to deal with it. I still dont see what it did positive for the users but if it helped something sobeit.

This layout is so horrid I dont see it being able to be used effeciently from my phone.
Unfortunately if it isnt changed if, big if, I do use tech it will be once every few weeks when I make it to a computer for around 20 minutes. That isnt meant as some threat or anything.. Im actually bummed about it.

I am aware of two changes that ib has accomplished in the past few years.. One being classifieds other being this... classifieds was tolerable but very obvious it wasnt a user favorite. This is horrid.
Who exactly is ib here for?
Me and tony didnt hardly ever see eye to eye but he left good enough alone.. This site works and it works good. There is no reason to go messing with it with something like that. People have been screaming tapatalk but instead you change it to an even worse mobile layout.

I understand youre just a tech guy here to help us jeremy and you get the bad end of everything... But if there is *anything you can do to get it back to the way it was im begging you.
I will be losing access to a lot of good info... selling and buying many items.. and sharing my knowledge and information with many other tech members.
Ill be pretty let down to see this stick anything close to what it is presently.

This is one long time member you will be losing. I hope you guys care about us for our support or sticking together so many years and it giving the new guys a reason to be part of this site. I have no idea where ib stands on this... I see what is being spit in my face.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Who handled the theme?
Contact info for anyone involved that can do something about this?
I suggest doing more than putting in a ticket lol or email cause this is bs! Raise hell!

And yes add replying issues to the list..
Old 02-27-2014, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like I said... I don't have time to go over all the issues. There are too many to list honestly.

If it isn't completely revamped or returned to the old style I will no longer be an active member.

A few small tweaks to the old style and it would have been absolutely perfect... Trader rating - search previous started threads by a member from profile page - to name two big ones... But I didn't have any huge complaints.

Jeremy- Reason for the change?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Issuing an ultimatum to a large entity like IB may result in a difficult fork in the road. Keep that in mind lemons, one member leaving isn't near enough to prove a point, and Jeremy isn't in control regardless. Now, I feel your pain as I too despise mobile sites so I just stay on the full site and I'm much happier. Any reason you cannot do that? Also to ask why it was changed? Somebody behind a desk thought it was better for whatever reason. They never understand real world issues with stuff because they aren't real users who depend on it daily. Sad that its kind of backwards like that, but its like that about lots of stuff, not just ls1tech.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

I didn't mean for it to come off as an ultimatum... I was more informing that it was that large of an issue that they will lose members for it... isn't member number all they care about?

Mobile is my only way to access the internet. I livesing the full site is almost not an option while at homee oad the page 3-4 times sometimes. Net access from a computer happens about once every two weeks or so.ddd
At work its much easier because I can browse things much faster when I'm on limited times... classifieds new posts etc.. It gives only the base info.

Sorry for the jumbled words and sentences up there. It messed up while replying and won't allow me to fix it.. on mobile.
In short... full version isn't really an option or I would.

Those are the two main reasons.

Quick Reply: Issues with Site Loading on Mobile Device