User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

PM Box Increase?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PM Box Increase?

Not that I'm complaining... just curious.
Is this because I've reached a new threshold as far as member-status?

Btw, what are the limits for User Title/status changes?
like 1-999 posts = n00b
1k-5k= Tech Fanatic
etc.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

It doesn't have anything to do with your post count. PM box size is a product of your usergroup, and since you registered on 6/9/09, you have now earned a new (automatic) usergroup change - "Truck 5 Year Memeber".

You might not have ever used our sister truck site (performancetrucks.net), but we share a database with them (same username and password will log you in at either site). So you now have "5 Year Member" status on that site, and therefore a new (additional) usergroup on this site as well.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
It doesn't have anything to do with your post count. PM box size is a product of your usergroup, and since you registered on 6/9/09, you have now earned a new (automatic) usergroup change - "Truck 5 Year Memeber".

You might not have ever used our sister truck site (performancetrucks.net), but we share a database with them (same username and password will log you in at either site). So you now have "5 Year Member" status on that site, and therefore a new (additional) usergroup on this site as well.
Makes sense. Other forums I'm on change usergroup by post count or join date, whichever applies first.
Neat. It's been 5 years already... crazy!

Can you list all the usergroups? I tried searching for them earlier, but didn't turn up any results.
Or are they super-secret-surprise for when you actually get there?
Old 06-11-2014, 04:00 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by Super-Bat
Makes sense. Other forums I'm on change usergroup by post count or join date, whichever applies first.
Neat. It's been 5 years already... crazy!

Can you list all the usergroups? I tried searching for them earlier, but didn't turn up any results.
Or are they super-secret-surprise for when you actually get there?
There are a TON of usergroups for different purposes, most won't apply to every member.

Although your usergroup won't change with additional posts alone, you user title will. Here is a detailed list regarding that:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/6882839-post7.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PM Box Increase?