User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

GM LS1Tech Electric Fan Truck Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM LS1Tech Electric Fan Truck Harness

I purchased the LS1tech conversion harness for my 2002 Yukon. I installed a set of aftermarket direct fit factory replacement fans. Upon installation the non a/c fan (ECU Controlled fan would not work. Inspection of the relays revealed the connectors were not install properly and pushed through the bottom of the connector. I repaired the connectors and reinstalled and they worked. The connections on the relays is very poor. Then three weeks later the a/c side kept blowing the 30amp fuse. Then the other fan quit working. After overheating and getting stuck twice I decided to remove the fans and harness reinstalled the original mechanical fan as this is my daily driver. Upon inspection I found the relay controlling the a/c fan had melted the connector at the relay. Also found that the other relay controlling the ECU Controlled fan had two of the connectors pulled through the ones I didn't repair. This is a very poorly designed harness to have these issues. I have been trying to find a way to contact LS1Tech to get a replacement and haven't found a way. There isn't a contact us on their website. I would suggest anyone looking to add this harness to convert your older mechanical fan to the newer electrical setup find a different alternative. Anyone have a suggestion where I van get a harness that works well. Like the electric fans as the a/c cools at an idle in town. Thanks.

Last edited by hhoelle; 10-23-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:46 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

I don't know of any fan controller sold by LS1Tech, as this is a discussion forum and our site store only sells apparel and personal accessories.

If you bought this item through an LS1Tech sponsor, then understand that these are independent businesses that pay to advertise here, but they are not affiliated with the website. If you did in fact buy from one of these businesses, then feel free to post any reviews in the Sponsor Feedback section. If you did not buy from a site sponsor, then the site Lounge would be a better place to post your review.

Quick Reply: GM LS1Tech Electric Fan Truck Harness