User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

How do I change settings to see only subscribed forums?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 08:36 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I change settings to see only subscribed forums?

I must not be doing this right. On other boards in my user Control Panel, I am used to being able to subscribe to forums and only those show up while in the control panel. Here only my subscribed threads seem to appear in the control panel. What am I doing wrong? I have to view all the forums under the LS1TECH link at the top left.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:24 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there is any way to subscribe to forums here, only individual threads...
Old 02-02-2005, 12:58 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I am confused as to why it lets me subscribe to a forum but nothing happens.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:16 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, you're right, it is there... for some reason I'd never really looked at that option before! (Viewing a forum index page, click on Forum Tools, and it's the third option.)

When you click on the 'Subscribe To This Forum' option, you have a choice of 'No email notification' (which just adds it to the User CP), 'Daily Updates', or 'Weekly Updates' (email you a list of all the threads posted in that forum in the past day/week, in addition to adding it to the CP).

When you click on the User CP link, scroll down to the bottom below the list of any subscribed threads and/or PMs, and it will list any Subscribed Forums. (I just tested this.)

However, there is not a link to a specific section for forum subscriptions in the left-hand-side list of links, like Subscribed Threads has, which is probably why you couldn't find 'em - if there is such a section link on most other vBulletin sites, I guess Brains just chose to turn it off / leave it out for some reason.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:15 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

I will have to check that out then.

Thanks