User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Not getting logged out, whats up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Not getting logged out, whats up?

I can click on the dialog box "Are you sure you want to log out?" and sometimes it re-directs to 'problem logging out, click here' but it still isn't logging me off the board.

It looks like I'm spending my life here, what the heck is up with the log out function?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Try the stuff I posted in this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources/302286-i-cant-log-out-my-friend-s-username-wtf.html
Old 06-24-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

why log out? you can stay here for as long as you want, stay forever...
Old 06-24-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Tried clearing all cookies first, reset internet options/tools, logging off & closing browser and nada.
Its only been happening the last couple of days ??
Old 06-25-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Using firefox mine wont let me log out but I can log out with IE
Old 06-25-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

cripes.....I've tried everything and still here all the time
Using IE so any dummy should be able to figure it out.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Adkoonerstrator

When you go to the Tools-->Internet Options-->Privacy-->..... page in IE does it say the LS1Tech cookie is allowed or blocked?

Also, when you close the browser after following the instructions above do you just hit the "X" in the upper right corner or go to File-->Exit? File-->Exit is what you need to do if you're just hitting the X.

If you completely delete the cookie from your computer and don't shut the browser down right it will still have you logged in when you come back. IE is crazy like that.

Also, if you're just clearing your cookies from inside the Tools page in IE try going and deleting the actual LS1Tech cookie on your computer because the tools page doesn't do it. The cookie should be in the folder. The path below is using Windows XP and I'm not sure if it's the same on other operating system version of windows.

C-->Documents and Settings-->"Varies but, could be your name"-->Cookies

The "Varies but, ....." folder is the name of the logged in account that you're using on your computer. Most of the time it's your name or whatever you chose for the account name.

Look for any cookie with LS1Tech in the title and delete it there. Make sure your browser is completely exited out of when you do this or if it isn't then completely exit out of it before visiting the site again.

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 06-25-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Also, if you're just clearing your cookies from inside the Tools page in IE try going and deleting the actual LS1Tech cookie on your computer because the tools page doesn't do it. The cookie should be in the folder. The path below is using Windows XP and I'm not sure if it's the same on other operating system version of windows.
This is where I have been lazy and the only place I haven't cleared out/done/tried/know what to do.
Its a PITA but I guess its time...

I wonder if Anonymizer is screwing things up - sometimes it 'grabs' the cookie and won't let go.....just like a six year old.

Edit: Cleared all temp and cookie folder and it worked. Hopefully it will let me log out again after this visit.

Last edited by GEARHED; 06-25-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

why you'd have to anonymize your access to 'tech is beyond me. or the internet for that matter. all of your traffic is still being logged by the people who matter.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
why you'd have to anonymize your access to 'tech is beyond me. or the internet for that matter. all of your traffic is still being logged by the people who matter.
Not when you are using a secure socket, only AKO won't let me use it trying to get on there.
As for here I don't use it (no pop ups) but it logs it anyway because I have to allow it for cookies.

Quick Reply: Not getting logged out, whats up?