User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Site Traffic/Hats Off

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 11:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Site Traffic/Hats Off

I was looking for a general forum or something where I could post this, but really didn't find exactly where to put it. So I put it here. Anyway, I've wondering why the site is moving slower than it used to way back when I joined. Just now I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the homepage....617 members online! 56,XXX members total! Holy ****! This place has grown! Now I know why it doesn't move as quick as other forums sometimes. Hats off to Admins and Mods for keeping this place running smoothly!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:36 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And at times during the day, we often have twice that many online
Old 01-31-2006, 06:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Our "choke point" is now somewhere in the 1200 to 1500 users online range, depending on what they're doing at that moment...
Old 01-31-2006, 07:41 AM
12 Second Club

That's insane! There can't be that many LS1 enthusiasts out there! Is there only one Admin? I run my own street racing forum and we only have like 70 or members, and I get "busy" doing Admin stuff with that small amount. I couldn't imagine our site getting this huge and handling business all by my self.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

There's three admins, myself and the two owners of the website (Nine Ball, Pro Stock John). The hosting environment and software side is all my responsibility though, in addition to working a regular full-time job and other responsibilities. No doubt we continue to grow at a healthy rate though, and I'm sure it will continue to increase. Its a challenge trying to mold vBulletin to our needs, but its enjoyable at the same time.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

Yea, it is fun most of the time. Hey man, once again I commend you guys on your work and achievement. A site of this caliber must be daunting at times I imagine. Keep up the good work!

Quick Reply: Site Traffic/Hats Off