User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

LS1 Tech Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 Tech Magazine

Has anyone ever suggested an LS1 Tech Magazine? What does everyone think about this?
Old 03-03-2006, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

that would be sweet, i'd suscribe but only if it was offered in monthly issues.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

add another dimension to LS1tech? i like it. i would subscribe monthly as well. something for "the powers that be" to think about.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

It has been brought up several times but if I remember it was mostly the cost in the start up that has prevented it from happening.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Launching!

There's already GM High Tech Performance, and they only have an issue ever other month.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Its been brought up before, but I believe it was shot down due to the fact that alot of the "new" information would be semi dated by the time it hit stands. So much is already available to us online I don't it happening, though it would be nice to see some articles on some of the members with amazing rides that do not post up nearly as much, and so forth.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

I currently have subscription to GM HIGH TECH PERFORMANCE and in my opinion I think those guys do a great job with the magazine, but I would subscribe to an LS1 TECH magazine if it were ever to come out.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

We will be debuting a Tech Article Forum pretty soon, but other than that I don't see us doing a magazine. If the Tech Article Forum takes off it's possible we might write articles about other stuff.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

what about a news letter? that features a specific tech area, and features a members car that is beefed up in that area. and have monthly sponsor advertisements and specials, contests, and big meets and shootouts, ect. it would just be neat to have something in hard copy.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would like to see a "reader's ride's" section. There are some great looking cars all over this website.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

You are reading it, this forum is a magazine in itself. I think monthly magazines are becoming obsolete, the tech moves so fast, most of us who read on here get info and race results etc far before a mag (gmhtp for ex) can publish it. def not a bash on gmhtp, just the nature of the beast (print). There are sections for sales, events and all that already, and i agree it would be nice to consolidate but it would be alot of work and $$.

PSJ, I think a tech article section is a great idea, there's alot of sharp performance industry folks who lurk around here who may write some good articles....but lock up the article( if they are in a thread form) and let people post there opinions or questions in their own thread. There's some great articles/ideas in the advanced section, but it kind of gets muddled up and off topic after 15 pages or so of "experts " chiming in.
readers rides could be cool too.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

The tech article section is going to be pretty cool, it will be locked(with comments allowed, but it isn't quite the same as a thread setup). We're still tinkering with ideas for it and whatnot, and seeing how it all works. I think most everyone will be pleased when it is finally implemented.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

first off, i think it would be nice. to have a ls1 magazine that has more than 50 pages, and is always on the newstands every month, not every 3 months. i hope it also has sick build up, and dyno comparisons. super chevy sucks!! i mean yeah those cars are bad but im really into the 4th gens. when was the last time you seen an article on a 4th gen. GM HIGH TECH PERFORMANCE is a sweet mag. but it sucks. its always 50 pages, never has any sick build ups like mm&ff's...
Old 03-17-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you didn't catch on earlier in the thread, there will not be an LS1Tech Magazine any time in the near/forseeable future.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know we are beating a dead horse here, but having an LS1tech magazine/newsletter has the oppertunity of bringing in alot of revenue for the site.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
i know we are beating a dead horse here, but having an LS1tech magazine/newsletter has the oppertunity of bringing in alot of revenue for the site.

think about it in the long run. you print 12 issues a year, and the tech is outdated before it hits the stands. also you really don't get huge discounts till you print stuff in HUGE amounts, so to have the prospective subscriber base to justify such an expense is not seen currently. the revenue would be offset by sponsor adds/other ads run in the magazine, NOT in the price its sold for. thats usually how it works.

this site makes a decent amount of money through sponsors each year. i haven't seen exact numbers, but its decent. but it also spends a shitload on websever/badwidth costs/support fees each month. it would only increase w/a phsyical publication that would most likely not break even.

lets take a different approach. you're a sponsor for the site, and you already pay a monthly fee to advertise on the board and to have a banner on the right of the site. now, ls1tech offers a paper-print publication where you can adversite, and it will reach maybe 15-20% of the same target audience. to spend $50 an issue for an ad, or say 3x that per month on the site and reach 75-80% more of your target demographic, think about the financial sense it makes to advertise on the printed publication as opposed to the magazine.

while this site is a great source of info and a wonderful community, and i am glad i am a part of it, its still a business. you all have to remember that.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Why not work a deal out with GM High Tech Performace to have them allocate a few pages every other month for LS1tech.com?

I'm sure they would go for it. Everyone wins, GM High Tech gets bigger and LS1tech gets even more exposure.

Bill
Old 03-18-2006, 08:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Look at last month's issue, 6 pages of LS1TECH race coverage at Bowling Green. Look at this month's issue (April), I wrote/photographed the write-up on the hugger orange SS.

So, we do get involved with GM High Tech. I just signed on as a freelance writer and photog with them

Tony
Old 03-18-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

it just seems so funny to me. the last friggin 2 or 3 issues of GM HIGHTECH PERFORMANCE have been nothing but junk.. i look forward to that magazine alot. but when the last few issues have nothing but "BEST BUYS" and crap like that its disappointing. i havent seen the april issue but i think on the cover is another best buy crap...basically best mods for the money crap. how much more of that are they gonna make. we need to see some sick build ups. im talking 6-700 hp build ups that can rip 10's or so. and like i said earlier some head to head dynos. quit putting lame stuff in that magazine...even my wife says " that magazine only has 10 pages, why do you always wanna buy it."
Old 03-18-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

I used to subscribe, I just breeze through it at barnes and noble now and dont even buy it

The event coverage IS the best though

Quick Reply: LS1 Tech Magazine