User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

thread moved then closed

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thread moved then closed

I posted a thread in the General discussion section then it was moved to the street racing and closed. Its not a big deal but I dont think that it should have been closed or moved for that matter.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

i just searched for, found, and wasted two whole minutes reading that thread.

Unit did the right thing! That thread was not only off topic, it was ******* retarded.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah i guess that it was off topic but it was in the lounge and arent things supposed to be off topic there, thats why its the damn lounge. Real ******* retarded too, it got 20 replies pretty damn quick.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

thats borderline censorship to delete a thread just because YOU think its retarded. i didn't see the post/thread, but i would like the choice to. thats the whole point of an online forum. just because we all like small block chevy powered cars doesn't mean we should agree on everything else. i have seen a few threads that were well intended, but just cause one person made a controversial post about a sponsor or an official on this board, it gets deleted. i bdo believe in locking threads if it is deemed neccesary(sp?), hell, ban the trouble makers if you want, but don't delete the whole thing! on a lighter note:

ib4tl, haha
Old 07-16-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just like the countless amounts of threads asking the same damn thing "why did my 'dee dee dee' thread get locked?"

and the answer you will get most of the time is
"This is a private forum, we have the right to lock things up or delete them. If you dont like it, no one is stopping you from leaving this forum"

so now you know.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

there is no lounge on this site anymore.

you want to post off-topic threads, go to SeatStaysUp.com.

I didn't lock or move the thread, just offered my opinion on why it might have been. However reject nailed it, its a private board, there is no freedom of speech here.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98camaro1le
yeah i guess that it was off topic but it was in the lounge and arent things supposed to be off topic there, thats why its the damn lounge. Real ******* retarded too, it got 20 replies pretty damn quick.
Wrong sir, you posted it in the wrong section of the site. The general section IS NOT THE LOUNGE. We have an entire website dedicated as a lounge. www.seatstaysup.com. Do not post lounge type material in the General LSX Automotive Discussion.

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
thats borderline censorship to delete a thread just because YOU think its retarded. i didn't see the post/thread, but i would like the choice to. thats the whole point of an online forum. just because we all like small block chevy powered cars doesn't mean we should agree on everything else. i have seen a few threads that were well intended, but just cause one person made a controversial post about a sponsor or an official on this board, it gets deleted. i bdo believe in locking threads if it is deemed neccesary(sp?), hell, ban the trouble makers if you want, but don't delete the whole thing! on a lighter note:

ib4tl, haha
Can you go into a Wal-mart and start doing whatever you want? This is a privately owned and paid for webforum. The owners of this website pay the bills so that you can benefit from the FREE ADVICE here.

They also reserve the right to create a set of rules for the users to follow, and they reserve the right to uphold those rules themselves and through a dedicated site staff.

I'm sorry you don't like it, but things are to be posted where they belong. A novel idea, I know. The thread in question was moved and eventually locked because it belonged on the lounge website.

The end.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:45 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

As a site owner, I have to agree that thread has no place on this forum. Pretty off-topic and stupid discussion. This site no longer has a lounge, you are more than welcome to go post the topic in the Garage forum at SSU.com.

To answer your question though, I'd classify you as immature if you truly do downshift next to all ricers with your loud *** car. Thats almost ricer-like, but you own a V8.

Tony
Old 07-16-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

alright well i guess u can classify as immature even tho u know nothing about me but to tell u the truth I couldnt care less. I never said that i had a loud *** car either, i actually inferred that i wanted it to be louder. anyways as i said i couldnt give a **** less if u guys think that it was off topic, but i have seen plenty of other threads on the same level of maturity and relevance. thanks for the explainations and next time i post a thread I'll pm u to get it approved by the moderators as appropriate discussion. im done on this topic
Old 07-16-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

that went well!
Old 07-16-2006, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

thats why i said i believe in locking threads. you guys used to move threads to the appropiate forum. what happened to that option? and as far as privately owned, i'm not current on my ls1tech politics, but i thought brains was the ominus-dominus around here, so shouldn't he be the only one to delete threads? or at least consult him first? how about making it to where all the mods in a forum have to agree to a thread delete? if its like that already, i'm sorry. it just seems that a thread deletion on one person's say so/opinion is not cool. FWIW, i DO appreciate the free tech. search my posts and you'll see that.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Brains is the one that deals with the coding of the VBullitin, so he can be what ever he wants basically. Tony and John are the one's that take care of the bills and such.
Thread deletions also clear up the database to keep stupid bullshit from ever coming back up.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Threads are never deleted, just removed from general forums or locked.

We as the staff members are brought on to help maintain the webforum's rules and organization. We volunteer our time here to help better this site. We don't get paid, we don't get a christmas bonus, and we aren't above the rules ourselves. However, our judgement is just that, our judgement, and we were brought on board as staff because of it. The owners obviously thought we could handle it, otherwise we wouldn't be here as staff. If you have an issue with an individual staff member, get in touch with Nine Ball or Pro Stock John, the co-owners of the website.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98camaro1le
alright well i guess u can classify as immature even tho u know nothing about me but to tell u the truth I couldnt care less. I never said that i had a loud *** car either, i actually inferred that i wanted it to be louder. anyways as i said i couldnt give a **** less if u guys think that it was off topic, but i have seen plenty of other threads on the same level of maturity and relevance. thanks for the explainations and next time i post a thread I'll pm u to get it approved by the moderators as appropriate discussion. im done on this topic
Well, you'd better give a **** more if Tony thinks it's off topic, because he owns this site and what he says goes.

If you want to PM the moderator of that section to make sure, then that's fine, but unnecessary. If you want to post something that belongs in the lounge, just post it on www.seatstaysup.com. It's not difficult to understand that lounge-type topics belong IN THE LOUNGE.

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
thats why i said i believe in locking threads. you guys used to move threads to the appropiate forum. what happened to that option? and as far as privately owned, i'm not current on my ls1tech politics, but i thought brains was the ominus-dominus around here, so shouldn't he be the only one to delete threads? or at least consult him first? how about making it to where all the mods in a forum have to agree to a thread delete? if its like that already, i'm sorry. it just seems that a thread deletion on one person's say so/opinion is not cool. FWIW, i DO appreciate the free tech. search my posts and you'll see that.
We cannot move threads between sites. Therefore, any off-topic type post on LS1tech has to be locked and trashed. We can't move it over to the lounge site.

If Brian/Tony/John were the only ones to lock threads, or we had to report to them every time we wanted one locked, this site would be a pig sty. These guys have jobs and personal lives, they don't spend 24 hours per day on their PCs. WIth the 60k users logging in each day and the amount of posts per day LS1tech gets it would be impossible to police anything like that.

They've placed their trust in us to uphold their rules for them. If you have a problem in specific with one of us, you should absolutely feel free to PM one of them and discuss it with them.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Vendetta
These guys have jobs and personal lives, they don't spend 24 hours per day on their PCs.
i'm on here 20 hours a day!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Vendetta, you need to relax before you have a brain aneurysm or something... its just a web site
Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 00transamnh
Vendetta, you need to relax before you have a brain aneurysm or something... its just a web site
just a website?! www.playboy.com is JUST A WEBSITE, LS1Tech is a temple!!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry, stupidity and inadequecy have always been pet peeves for me.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I mean no disrespect to Tony, I have read many of his posts and have drooled over his car collection many of times. I simply stated that I dont care if he thinks that I am immature because I downshift and I sure as hell dont care what u think of me. I also now know that there is a lounge to post things on, so from now on I will not make that mistake again. Oh and jumping to conclusions about people such as assuming that I am stupid and inadequate is a pet peeve of mine and one that makes u look like a ******* idiot. So go ahead and take shots at me over the internet if it is gonna make u feel better about urself.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

someones about to get banned........i can smell it, i can hear the clicking already.

Quick Reply: thread moved then closed