User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

search problems again....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default search problems again....

Lately search hasnt exactly been up to par. Alot of times when you try to search threads or posts by a user name is wont work, i either get the 503 service unavailable or some other kind of errors. also searching, "big cam", "daily driver" and other things in the ls1-ls6 internal forum hasnt been working. other countless phrases wont work either.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

if the search term is too vague (ie. it would come up with 100k matches in the 4.5+ million posts we have) your chances of getting an error are MUCH greater. Try targeting your searches to be as close to exactly what you're looking for as possible.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that still doesnt explain why i cant search member's posts. And im not trying to be a jerk, after all this site is free and there is alot of great, free information here and i love this site. however, svtperformance is slow as hell but i can still search a term as vague as kenne bell in all open forums and get results. it takes about 20 seconds but it doesnt time out. so basically timing out on searches isnt normal. i geuss what im asking is, is this just the way this board works or is it something you guys are going to be working on? thanks.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brains
if the search term is too vague (ie. it would come up with 100k matches in the 4.5+ million posts we have) your chances of getting an error are MUCH greater. Try targeting your searches to be as close to exactly what you're looking for as possible.
I just tried a search of the word "pump" in titles only within the last six months against the Automatric trans forum only.. That cannot be that many results and I get the 503 errors.. Not complaining at all, just letting you all know...
Old 11-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Search does nothing but time out.

It's easier to start a new thread rather than trying to do the search