User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Vehicle for sale ad's

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vehicle for sale ad's

On another forum that I am on, it is required to post atleast one picture of the vehicle you are trying to sell.

Would it be possible to make people post a pic? I mean, come on, it's almost 2007. Just about everyone has a digital camera, or a scanner or knows someone who has someway of getting a picture of your car on the internet for you. There are a million places you can host pictures nowadays as well (ie: photobucket, cardomain, webshots, etc.)

The way I see it, if someone is truely trying to sell their vehicle, they would post up pics.

I am sorry if this is too much, but it really erks me to open up a forsale thread, to find no pictures.

Thanks.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

how bout a merry xmas T T T ?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with this post. On corvetteforum.com almost every for sale thread has a picture. I would love to see it mandatory to have at least one picture. If you don't have a picture there is no guarantee you know what your getting
Old 12-27-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't know many people who would buy a car without personally checking it out. Pictures only tell one VERY small part of the big picture when it comes to buying a car.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

who buys a car without seeing pics? Some people are internet newbies and don't know how to host pics. Most people will email you photos if you request them, they don't have to be hosted and posted.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Launching!

I just wish I could get a picture posted? I have an add in vehicles for sale and get get a picture on there! I can email them but can't post one!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
who buys a car without seeing pics? Some people are internet newbies and don't know how to host pics. Most people will email you photos if you request them, they don't have to be hosted and posted.
Honestly Tony, I dont agree with people not knowing how to host pics. Anyone can host a pic, its damn near 2007. And I wont buy a car without seeing pics, but its more of a convenience to click on a thread and have atleast 1 picture in there. Who sells a car without having pics? I just dont see why they cant post one. Photobucket, ImageShack, Cardomain....all easy site to host pics. And there are so many others
Old 12-27-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry, but some folks choose not to get involved in technology as they find no benefit to it. There are plenty of older(and younger) folks that can send an email much quicker than they can figure out how to host pictures on a website.

Just because something seems simple to you, does not make the same true for everyone else.

The flip side of this is, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink. We can try to help our members as much as we want, but its up to our members to make educated and wise decisions for themselves, placing unnecessary restrictions on other members will do nothing for those who cannot think for themselves.