User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

small suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small suggestion

isnt everyone tired of seeing some one make a simple post such as there cars numbers and after that theres nothing but 2000 other posts bashing the original poster. its so childish. the people on this site are supposed to be car lovers not a bunch of 12 year olds. "ewww that 7 second car has a 4 cylinder in it. im going to call him names and tell him to get a v8." come on now. i think that if some one makes a post and people start "bashing" them and then a million other people start arguing about dumb **** the thread should just be locked. just my thoughts...heres an example thread....https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=20
Old 03-21-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, you must understand, that this is an LS1 or even LT1 or LSX website.

If somebody with a Nissan 350Z is gonna come on here and act all "Cool" about being a 12 second 6 cyl supercharged then he's opened himself up to be flamed. He's out of his league here, our V8's NA cars can break the 400HP realm WIHTOUT supercharging, you gotta compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.

He should goto a Nissan or 350Z website, he might get better reaction that he's looking for or even a better guideline of how HIS car should run.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

man you are wasting time with this
Old 03-21-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

I agree, yest this is an LS1 website hence the name but we don't want ourselves look like a bunch of mullet rednecks. I mean I don't understand how a Vortec supercharged 350Z is rice like the first guy said.
Just because we are an LS1 site doesn't mean we should put down everything else.

Just my .02
Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Splitz
Well, you must understand, that this is an LS1 or even LT1 or LSX website.

If somebody with a Nissan 350Z is gonna come on here and act all "Cool" about being a 12 second 6 cyl supercharged then he's opened himself up to be flamed. He's out of his league here, our V8's NA cars can break the 400HP realm WIHTOUT supercharging, you gotta compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.

He should goto a Nissan or 350Z website, he might get better reaction that he's looking for or even a better guideline of how HIS car should run.
no. where did he try to act "cool"? He simply posted his time. and as far as the Lsx/ltx site goes. i see plenty of mustangs on here posting about there cars and nobody busts their *****.?.? i thought this was an lsx/ltx site? not a ford site. The reason most people with a wide variety of cars post on certain sites is to keep up on knowledge about different cars. not to start trouble. did you notice that when people started busting his ***** he just ignored it? and only answered the people who had serious questions about his car? its just getting a little old trying to read a post but having to read 4,659,564 other posts about how "this person is gay" and "what is he doing on this forum". if everyone on here only wants ls based cars on here then only allow that. personally i like learning about other cars so that when the day comes and i run into one of them, i know what im talking about. who knows maybe these people plan on getting an LS car in the near future and are just on here to make conversation to get to know the site and the people. and then when they post about there car, people call them ****. for what. it wasnt made in America?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twokss
no. where did he try to act "cool"? He simply posted his time. and as far as the Lsx/ltx site goes. i see plenty of mustangs on here posting about there cars and nobody busts their *****.?.? i thought this was an lsx/ltx site? not a ford site. The reason most people with a wide variety of cars post on certain sites is to keep up on knowledge about different cars. not to start trouble. did you notice that when people started busting his ***** he just ignored it? and only answered the people who had serious questions about his car? its just getting a little old trying to read a post but having to read 4,659,564 other posts about how "this person is gay" and "what is he doing on this forum". if everyone on here only wants ls based cars on here then only allow that. personally i like learning about other cars so that when the day comes and i run into one of them, i know what im talking about. who knows maybe these people plan on getting an LS car in the near future and are just on here to make conversation to get to know the site and the people. and then when they post about there car, people call them ****. for what. it wasnt made in America?
Well, I agree with that 100%, just didn't look at it from that perspective!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you have such a problem with threads like that, don't read them.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cyphur
if you have such a problem with threads like that, don't read them.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
I agree, yest this is an LS1 website hence the name but we don't want ourselves look like a bunch of mullet rednecks. I mean I don't understand how a Vortec supercharged 350Z is rice like the first guy said.
Just because we are an LS1 site doesn't mean we should put down everything else.

Just my .02
I completely agree. Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOVE LS1tech, and its a wealth of information and a lot of cool people... but good lord I am getting sick and tired of people calling anything with less than 8 cylinders "rice", just because its not American. Now granted, this is a GM based technical site, so certain posts about other cars might be considered off topic, but why does the word "rice" get tossed around so much. No wonder everyone and their mother thinks of us in the whole "domestic *******" way.

I work hard at trying to preserve the good name of domestics with the import owners in my area, and I try to get the domestic guys to be cool about imports around here too. I try to treat owners of other cars with respect, and in turn, I get a good bit of respect for MY car too. Most of my friends drive imports, anything from DSMs, to VWs, to Subies, Evos, 240s, etc etc... but we all get along. Sure we have friendly rivalries and bust each others *****, but when it comes down to it, we are all CAR enthusiasts, not enemies.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

As far as the Mustang comment - we have sister sites that are for all domestics, not just GM. Same forums and conversations but with less background noise.

It is up to the seasoned posters that if they continue to read those kinds of threads to post more mature and hope the others finally catch on.

Quick Reply: small suggestion