User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Change up the appereance section

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change up the appereance section

Hey can something be done over in the appearence section? I mean every 3rd post is something like "Show me the hottest SS's out there." "Show me the best engine bay" Or someone picture whoring their car.

I'm there to find tips and tricks on cleaning my car in side and out and get advice on products and things out there. I'm tired of scrolling through post on everything under the sun just so some one can get their jollies that their car was on the internet.

Can we have a picture whoring forum? Then everyone that wants to just look at pictures of cars can look and people who want honest answers to problems can get it with out having to go through pages and pages of crap.

I read the post on how tech was started by people looking for information...well the Appereance section is a horrible place to find it cause of the stupid posts.

Soo any chance?

Please?

For the love of God?

Pork
Old 03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahaha
Old 03-27-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can I get a hell yea Bill?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd vote for a picture request subforum in the appearance section. I like helping out with the detailing stuff, but like you say its sometimes hard to find those threads.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah and a section for people to post up stupid polls too. "Which wax is the best wax vote here" I mean there is only 10 other posts about the same thing.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A large problem is that people are just flat out unwilling to search. They expect to click the appearance section and magically see what they are looking for. Even if the forums are divided, people are going to post the same redundant threads, simply because they don't want to "hassle" themselves by spending the time searching.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bann'em!! I don't care if I have to scroll through 5 pages as long as those 5 pages are usefull stuff. Having to scroll through 5 pages of "Whose camaro is the best?***DONT QUOTE PICTURES*** is freakin useless. Every day same threads.

I've gone through the pages alot lately making sure I have a case and I do, it's crazy in there, it needs rules or a junk board so people can post there cars and ask for opinions (Which are all the same...tint, and lower that 4x4 then 50 guys saying the sammmmme crap.)
Old 03-28-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

ahhhhhhh...I think there is a sticky at the top that Nine Ball has done listing "Member Rides" with all the "see my car" threads (just the cars). Let me see what can get done in pm for parbreak to possibly move those to the sticky.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
A large problem is that people are just flat out unwilling to search. They expect to click the appearance section and magically see what they are looking for. Even if the forums are divided, people are going to post the same redundant threads, simply because they don't want to "hassle" themselves by spending the time searching.
Some of that has to do with the fact that search will time out if it is returning anything more than 3 damn results. I've just spent 30 minutes trying to search for a simple "c6 wheels" in the for sale section and it times out every time. I keep on clicking search though, in hopes of it working one time. I mean, I've even limited it to searching only in the titles and these wheels haven't been out for that long, let alone in the for sale section.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Granted posts on the same searches like that are annoying specially when you can look a few pages to find it. But wouldn't it be easier to look through a few pages to find a post if you didn't have to scroll through 4 pages of Who has the nicest looking SS, Show me your huggar orange camaros, lets see those interiors, how about some love for formulas, or "Here are some pictures of my car this weekend at the beach with 3 other cars at night photo shoot"

PS a kid with a digital camera and a car aren't a photo shoot.

pps.....(56 go grow a mullet??) COME THE FREAKIN ON!!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey what are the best rims for a black f-body?

Quick Reply: Change up the appereance section