User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Font Test (look at this)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Font Test (look at this)

Take a look at "unit213" post in > "Test Drove an 03 Z06 - I'm SO disappointed!"
(the thead is in "The Lounge" just like this thread)

If you look at the 1st and 3rd post in that thread, "unit213"s font is small just like the rest.

[But], if you look at the 5th post in this thread, "unit213"s post is larger (the normal size we are all used to)... Whats the deal here?

Old 04-27-2003, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Font Test (look at this)

In fact, if you look in: "PCM Diagnosis and Tuning" forum

Thread: "Hotcam installed, idles great, BUT hard to start?" , you will also see that about 1/2 of "TaTommyWS6"s posts are also in the larger font.

Again, whats the deal here?

Ron,

BTW... I know the font here is much smaller than it was before. Maybe you folks with large 600 X 800 resolution monitors may not notice it, but with this Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop with it's 15" screen and it's 1400 X 1050 resolution, the font is so much smaller than before....
Old 04-27-2003, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

And yes... I have changed the Text size in "View" in my Internet Explorer in "Large Font" and even the "Larger Font". It makes no difference...

It's still much smaller than it was before.

I have no bitches with this new UBB, except that the font is TOO SMALL !
Old 04-27-2003, 06:12 PM
PR Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry man but the font looks the same to me. I don't know what could be causing you to have small fonts but for me the font is the same as its always been.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:47 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the feedback Ron, I've now programmed the style sheets to use relative font sizes and you can now control the appearance/size of the font with your browser "View-Font Size" option.

That should allow everyone to make the site look like they want.

Tony
Old 04-28-2003, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks a lot Tony. The font was ok on my computer at work. Just seems to effect laptops with high resolution.

Now ..... I can adjust the font size like you said..

Ron,
Old 04-28-2003, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Cool!!! Thanks Tony.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now the fonts are HUGE! I went in my browser and made it look like it used to. But now I cannot even read any other site on the internet.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Launching!

My font is huge now as well. The last couple days it had been fine, but now its rather big, I go in and change my font size, to make it normal here, and its unreadable everywhere else. My screen res is set at, 1280x1024.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:37 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Sorry everyone, but this is the ONLY way that everyone can make the site readable. Everyone uses different screen sizes, different monitor brands, and different resolutions. You should be grateful that you can actually control the way the site appears, if I set it one way or the other half of you will not like it.

Thanks
Tony
Old 04-28-2003, 02:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Tony, why not just use the default fonts like you did with the previous site? For those people who did have resolution problems with the previous site, what did they do to correct it? That method resulted in VERY few heard of problems where as the big font requires EVERY member to fix their fonts manually.

And then, what about when we view the site from a different location?
Old 04-28-2003, 02:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Keith, the previous software was also a relative setting. I use three different monitors of varying resolution and there isn't a "perfect" font size that is readable or not huge on all three screens. Members can now adjust to their own tastes. I don't really care if they can't read other sites, those sites have their own settings and do not care about this site. Every site is different

If you can't read other sites, thats a good thing for us
Old 04-28-2003, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, why not just use the default fonts like you did with the previous site? For those people who did have resolution problems with the previous site, what did they do to correct it? That method resulted in VERY few heard of problems where as the big font requires EVERY member to fix their fonts manually.

And then, what about when we view the site from a different location?
I didn't change a thing on my computer here at work and the font size looks totally normal to me. It could be because I'm on a Macintosh though. We'll see if I have to change anything at home when I get on my PC.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keith, the previous software was also a relative setting. I use three different monitors of varying resolution and there isn't a "perfect" font size that is readable or not huge on all three screens. Members can now adjust to their own tastes. I don't really care if they can't read other sites, those sites have their own settings and do not care about this site. Every site is different

If you can't read other sites, thats a good thing for us
That's funny. I have never, ever had to change my screen font size. I read multiple boards and it has never been an issue before. It was fine until you changed it earlier today.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Tony, First I do want to say I COMPLETELY understand what you're going through now.. It's a very stressful task to redo templates to obtain the look and feel you're going for.. so in that aspect, I can definately say with meening to keep up the good work.

Also, the current fonts you're using for the main index look GREAT! It's very close to having the "easy to read and use" feal before the change.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Thanks Keith, I reset the font sizes so that they would match the same appearance as some other popular automotive message boards. We should be good to go now, and Ron can still make them look bigger since his glasses prescription probably needs to be updated (hehe)

Tony
Old 04-28-2003, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Tony, thanks for making the change. Now everything looks like it is supposed/used to.

Old 04-28-2003, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tony...

Whatever you did, this is perfect. The font size is the same as about all the other message boards out there. They first started out too small. Then really went too big. Now, just right! At least, in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Font Test (look at this)