User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

ok im confused...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok im confused...

and a little pissed about the whole situation.

2 threads now in the forced induction section have been locked for pretty much no reason.

i post very often on this board, im not a newbie looking to do bla bla bla and ask stupid questions about a what if situation and waste everybodies time. i have lots of posts, and i have alot of mods and alot of time into my car.

i have recently decided to go forced induction. If i wanted to read somebodies tutorial on it id do a google search for tech articles on building a blower car. thats not what i wanted. this website is a FORUM. i guess that we might as well lock everything so nothing new can be posted and nobody can bring up points to clarify for their own projects and discuss a potential build and vehicle specific tidbits.

Since when is this site a database to read what other peoples opinions are that were lucky enough to get a sticky?? thats kind of a load of bull crap in my opinion.

technology/the standards change EVERY DAY on this board. its like for hells sakes guys look at all the new heads that have come out, if there was a sticky posted forever ago about the best heads being the stock LS6 heads with the GM hotcam are you going to listen to it ? shoudl your thread be deleted or locked because its been discussed before???

time change, technology changes. there is NO harm in somebody posting up about a certain combination. ESPECIALLY from somebody like myself who isnt just blowing smoke up peoples asses and wasting their time answering the same posts over and over. im known for actually building my projects and seeing things through and i try to post something up and gain some knowledge on MY Setup and what people think about how I would benefit from these things. what good does it do to lock the thread??

especially when people are giving very good replies and it seems to be a popular thread, no members saying " oh god, not this again" and stuff like that.

i understand the point of "dont take it personal if it gets locked" but to some point you have to? i mean a troll posts up with no post count something like that and wants wild out the *** answers then yeah, tell the newbie to read the stickies. but come on guys, im on this forum all the time.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

I still <3 u n stuff
Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty sure he wanted you to read the FAQ on the first post....and the second was just locked because it was more or less talking about the first one getting locked....i dunno im not a mod...but im sure one might think that
Old 05-31-2007, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by staringback05
pretty sure he wanted you to read the FAQ on the first post....and the second was just locked because it was more or less talking about the first one getting locked....i dunno im not a mod...but im sure one might think that

yeah but locking the first one was retarded.. .the sticky he linked me to said pretty much " dont do it, its not worth it" and thats about it.

Originally Posted by sbusby
I still <3 u n stuff

Quick Reply: ok im confused...