User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Att Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Att Mods

Maybe a Mod can chime in here and tell me why I can't post threads and reply to threads everywhere but the For Sale section? I have my bike for sale in the NON LSX area and would love to respond to potential buyers.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....81&postcount=3
Old 03-21-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did a quick search on the OP and he has already posted in there as recently as a few hours ago, so I am confused. Maybe he slipped through the cracks originally, I don't know.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

You should be able to post in Vehicle Classifieds, and in your thread, however the Parts FS section you are forbidden from posting new threads until you gain 6 months tenure or 50 quality posts.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cyphur
You should be able to post in Vehicle Classifieds, and in your thread, however the Parts FS section you are forbidden from posting new threads until you gain 6 months tenure or 50 quality posts.

I just bought a car off a member in the vehicle forums section. Seems strange because I had bought Fenders in another thread in the parts section. Now I have full suspension off my car I would like to sell and apparently can't.

I can understand why these rules are in place but define "Quality Posts" Because I recently added some very good 98 Fuel Pump install pics with a do it yourself upgraded wiring harness for the pump. If I have to lay out 50 of those with 10 pictures each post I think I will be here a lifetime. I guess what I am saying is I am not gonna hammer out 50 stupid posts just to be able to post my suspension for sale.

Last edited by S P E E D; 03-22-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bummer....

Better start posting...
Old 03-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

On www.psychobike.com I have been a member since 03 and I only have around 150 posts. I don't like posting useless crap...I post up mods and info and mostly spend alot of my time in the for sale section.

I guess I just have to keep posting "Quality" Useless "Posts" until I hit 50 posts.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Don't spam the site with a bunch of junk, that's a quick way to get post counters reset to zero

It doesn't take very long to hit 50 posts if you're truly here to be a participating member of our community. If it's difficult to reach 50 posts, most people aren't aiming to be a member and likely to be unscrupulous. However, we also realize some folks are "lurkers" and tend to read more than post -- and this is why the 6 month rule was implemented. Again, stick around for 6 months, and you'll probably continue to stick around.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

I have no problems being "a participating member of our community" the problem is I have Full Suspension I need to sell and I would love to move it to "a participating member of our community".

Anyways bitching about this isn't gonna change the outcome. I'm gonna hammer out some "Quality Posts" and just suck it up.

Last edited by cyphur; 03-22-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S P E E D
I have no problems being "a participating member of our community" the problem is I have Full Suspension I need to sell and I would love to move it to "a participating member of our community".

Anyways bitching about this isn't gonna change the outcome. I'm gonna hammer out some "Quality Posts" and just suck it up. Anyone want coils and shocks for they're lS1 Car? haha
Thats the best thing you can do. I mean after all, they are letting you sell for FREE, you just have to meet a few requirements.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like your attitude

Welcome to our little site, and hopefully you stick around!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Oh I will be sticking around, so far buying this LS1 car here has been a great buying experience. Still waiting for some trader feedback from that sale but the owner of the car only had like 3 posts and has not been back on Tech to give me some feedback. I guess there are some good people out there.

I guess if I could contribute my 2 cents it would be this...Why can newbies not post threads in the Parts For Sale Threads but yet they can post up Vehicles for sale? I guess what I am saying is, you can get screwed over for a small amount of parts but getting shafted for a vehicle worth thousands is ok? YOu hear it all the time how somebody is getting screwed for thousands for a vehicle that never showed up.

I see the mods already edited my post above. I had thrown in a little joke at the end of the post about my suspension for sale.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by S P E E D
Oh I will be sticking around, so far buying this LS1 car here has been a great buying experience. Still waiting for some trader feedback from that sale but the owner of the car only had like 3 posts and has not been back on Tech to give me some feedback. I guess there are some good people out there.

I guess if I could contribute my 2 cents it would be this...Why can newbies not post threads in the Parts For Sale Threads but yet they can post up Vehicles for sale? I guess what I am saying is, you can get screwed over for a small amount of parts but getting shafted for a vehicle worth thousands is ok? YOu hear it all the time how somebody is getting screwed for thousands for a vehicle that never showed up.

I see the mods already edited my post above. I had thrown in a little joke at the end of the post about my suspension for sale.
Chances are your would get screwed 100-1 buying parts than a car. Most people won't go after you for a couple hundred dollars. A car on the other hand most people don't mess around with. So I think the 50 posts/6 months active is a great idea. Finding people who actually stick around and participate here on LS1Tech I would gladly buy a part from and usually trust them. A car, if someone is going to try and sell it they are gonna sell it with no screwing around. You get a few guys that still will screw you either way on a part or car. I bought from Josh, the guy who sold the corsa clones, cause I know he is a well known guy so I trusted that he would get the parts to me. Sorry for the rant and sorry if no one can understand... we like to drink a few here on Easter!

Good luck. Snoop around and leave some feedback and throw out some opinions if people ask for them. I'm sure once you get into it you'll be on here at least an hour a day!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just get someone else that you know and is a member.. or anyone else to put it up on here if 50 posts will take you a while..
Old 03-23-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

People tend to check out a vehicle in person, due to the amount of money changing hands. It parts sales, you tend to send money and wait for things to show up in the mail.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Slvr00Bird
Just get someone else that you know and is a member.. or anyone else to put it up on here if 50 posts will take you a while..
Read the rules of the for sale forum, selling 'for a friend' is not allowed
Old 04-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Just wanted to say thanks for the info here. I got my 50 posts and my suspension is now up for sale and pretty much sold! Good bunch of guys here on LS1 Tech I gotta say.

Quick Reply: Att Mods