User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

for sale ads being moved?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for sale ads being moved?

Ive noticed in the midwest forum that all the for sale ads are being moved to the LSX parts for sale section. Are we not allowwed to post in our regional section anymore if we have things to sell?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Veteran

They are being moved from all over the site to the appropriate forum. Those stated not willing to ship are not moved.

Look at it this way, you can get 20 people to see what you have for sale or 2000 if it's listed where most members look for what they want.
One member complained they couldn't keep track of everywhere they had posted a for sale thread. If it is one forum, it eliminates signing on and wondering where a pm came from as well as "dibs" problems. It is why the Parts For Sale/Vehicles for sale forums were created.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah thats what I had guessed but just wanted to make sure before I post something and it gets locked or something. I always post in the parts for sale thread because yeah you will get way more views so yeah its a good idea to do that when selling stuff

OK we can close this

Thanks for letting me know!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Also remember there are "guests" that view that forum as well. Considering it is a specific forum, they can and do sign up to purchase what people have for sale or will contact if the OP posts that information.

They wouldn't know to look in regional or other forums if they are just hitting various sites looking for specific parts.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

we had our own thing going on in the texas section lol first page was the FS/WTB page, and second was the normal crap lol
Old 05-27-2008, 07:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by reject
we had our own thing going on in the texas section lol first page was the FS/WTB page, and second was the normal crap lol
You haven't looked in there yet...I expect some hollering but see members looking for what they are willing to ship or someone else that has the parts they are looking for.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah i looked before i posted lol the first page lookd like swiss cheese with all the "MOVED" threads so many empty spots now lol
Old 05-27-2008, 07:13 AM
TECH Veteran

They are redirects so people know where they went. It will look better once those expire.
Once they do, maybe the shout outs and gatherings will float back to the first page.

overly optimistic, i realize that
Old 05-27-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah

we threw down a suggestion that we have a child forum in the texas section dedicated just to the FS threads..... that right there would have enough activity for us since you could build a whole car with all the parts we sell
Old 05-27-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

woohoo!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay folks, I think we need to clarify something...

Site policy HAS NOT CHANGED -- the regional forums are an incredibly popular, and incredibly useful way to sell items. Please feel free to continue selling in the regionals as you always have.

In many cases, it is definitely helpful to follow the idea brought up by this though:

1. If you will ship, list it in the regular classifieds
2. If you can't or don't want to ship, list it in the regionals

But, there's nothing wrong with listing small stuff like a set of fuel injectors locally either -- there's folks who prefer to deal with people they meet stuff from face-to-face.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I thought the rule was always post ads in the sales section and then post a link to it in the local or whatever section. At least I remember reading that in an old sticky.

Yup, found the sticky:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/752172-forum-rules-posting-sale-non-sponsor-threads-info.html
Its in the Stereo & Electronics section.

Quick Reply: for sale ads being moved?