User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Don't have Permission to View Page?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Don't have Permission to View Page?

I tried to access the below link from another F-Body website and I when I did, I got and LS1Tech message saying I don't have permission to access the page. I'm logged in... anyone know why?

Thanks...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/944038-july-picture-month-voting-thread.html
Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

i don't either...
Old 07-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Simple...you don't have authority to the forum where that thread is located.
Only mods & admin do.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by unit213
Only mods & admin do.
That's odd. Other people from that F-Body forum where taken to a page where there was voting for car of the month pics. They viewed, commented about the cars, voted and watched the progress of the cars. All of that done via that link. Why couldn't I do the same?

I understand that some places on this site are for admin and mods only. I'm a mod on another car site. Did the page in the link get restricted at some point?

Thanks for the assistance.

Marc
Old 07-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nytmare1
That's odd. Other people from that F-Body forum where taken to a page where there was voting for car of the month pics. They viewed, commented about the cars, voted and watched the progress of the cars. All of that done via that link. Why couldn't I do the same?

I understand that some places on this site are for admin and mods only. I'm a mod on another car site. Did the page in the link get restricted at some point?

Thanks for the assistance.

Marc
Like you said, that particular thread was for voting on one particular months "picture/car of the month". When the voting was over, the thread was moved to a forum for removed threads by the mod who posted it to begin with. Why the hell is it such a big deal?

The reason others could follow the link was because when the voting was active, the thread was open. Now it isn't open since the voting is finished. It was moved out of the public forum the same way all the prior months threads regarding "car of the month" voting have been.

Seems pretty cut and dry, why is this thread so important?
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 AM
12 Second Club

^^ no need to be a Dick he was just asking a simple question as to why he could not view all it needed was a simple answer not attitude...
Old 07-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by 1BADTALS1
^^ no need to be a Dick he was just asking a simple question as to why he could not view all it needed was a simple answer not attitude...
He received a simple answer...

Originally Posted by unit213
Only mods & admin do.
And it was not good enough.

I was not trying to be a dick at all. I was just explaining it more in depth and was curious as to why this particular thread was so important that it required another thread just to ask for an explanation as to why he could no longer view it.

Sorry you feel that way.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm the mod that moved that thread. The way it works around here, just like Xtinct has said, is that we lock threads and remove them from public view once they are finished. The voting for that particular thread lasted 7 days.

The voting thread for picture of the month starts 7 days before the end of the month, and ends the 1st of the next month. That thread ran an extra day or 2. The winner was pretty clear cut, so I locked her down and moved it. If you want to check on the winner, there is a thread in the multimedia section called "Picture of the Month WINNER". Check that thread to see who won.

Sorry for the confusion, but this is how this site has operated since day one. No need for ANYONE to jump down Xtincts throat for clearly defining our policy.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

I wonder?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy69z
I wonder?
You wonder....why you just got an infraction? It's because you are posting useless garbage. Hopefully a few more mods will see a few of your other useless garbage posts and issue you a few more.

Good day.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

I sent you a pm phantom

Quick Reply: Don't have Permission to View Page?