Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

95 Trans Am LS2 Conversion...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 Trans Am LS2 Conversion...

First lat me say, if you are here to look at the car, inquire about buying it, or ask questions, be my guest. I hesitated listing the car on Tech because for every person interested, there are 7 people who want to tell you your car isn't worth crap, and you're an idiot for asking that much. With that said, I know this car isn't worth a ton of money, and I also know that the buyer market for this car is VERY small. There is a very specific buyer group that would be interested in the car. So please of you are here to flame the thread or contradict what I'm asking for the car, I ask you hold your tongue so people who may be interested can get answers and don't get lost in the shuffle.

1995 Trans Am (GT trim), Hardtop, 6speed car.
-81,xxx on the body itself, less than 1000 on the motor/tranny setup.

I will post the list of mods at the end of the thread, but wanted to just tell a little bit about the car. I've owned the car for 6 years. It started as a stock LT1 car that I did a little to here and there. When I maxed out the power of the LT1, I decided to change it up a little. When I started this, there was no one doing the conversion. Now that I have it finished, it seems there are plenty of people doing the swap. I hope that this one stands out just a little more than just putting a motor in a car and beating on it.

The short block of this car was assembled by Steve Schmidt Racing Engines out of Indianapolis. Their work in the racing engine scene is second to none. The motor has a new GM crank, it's been line honed, studded, and gone through the works. I have paper work to go along with it. The transmission is an RPM stage 5 6speed that has was freshened up 2 years ago and sat until 1000 miles ago.

I love this car, but some things have come up and I've decided to sell in order to start over. I've got a ton of money in this car, and I know I will never get out of it what I have in it. I also know that this isn't just an every day LS conversion. I have taken time and tried to do the cleanest install I can. The colored parts on the motor is powder coat, and are very well done.

It does have a ram-air hood on the car. It is Arctic white and the car itself is Bright White. There is a shade difference, and is an easy paint fix. I was going to have it done in the spring, but decided to sell. I can provide a body shop that will do quality work at a great price if need be. The car has been lowered and needs a front end alignment. That can be done by myself and I also have 2 new tires to go on the front of the car. Bought the wheels with crappy tires and wasn't going to put the good ones on before it was aligned. I can have it aligned and new tires put on, or just send the tires with the buyer.

I have additional pictures if anyone wants them. I also have a crappy video of it running for the first time. I can get another video if need be. The car comes just as it looks. Switch panel, gauge cluster, wheels, hood, and NX kit stay with the car! I also have a set of UMI boxed sub-frames that go with it.

Short list of mods is in the sig or just click here.
I'm asking $9500 obo. I'm going to stay pretty firm on that price. We can sway a little, but I need that much out of it to pay off some debt and start clear.

Feel free to ask for refernces. Many people on this board have seen the car in person and can attest to it's cleanliness and the way it runs.

email with any questions. justin_a_burt@yahoo.com

Thanks!
-JB
Attached Thumbnails 95 Trans Am LS2 Conversion...-tasiderear.jpg   95 Trans Am LS2 Conversion...-taengine1.jpg   95 Trans Am LS2 Conversion...-taengine2.jpg   95 Trans Am LS2 Conversion...-tagauges.jpg   95 Trans Am LS2 Conversion...-tarearwheel.jpg  

Old 12-29-2009, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Could I get some more pictures to whicks16@gmail.com when you get a chance? Also do you have a build thread on for the LT1 to LS1 swap? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Interesting car!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet car
Old 12-30-2009, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

To those of you who are interested or even contemplating; Let me say 1st, that the car is as clean as they come and is by far a hack job Trans Am. The entire car was built with a specific route in mind and was meticulously put together. No quick throw it together and go engine swap here guys.

For those interested, I urge you to take the chance and at least look into this car. You will not be dissapointed.
I have seen it in person (in the process of the build and finished) and will verify it is a VERY Nicely built car.

Wish I had the spare cash myself, I would not hesitate to pick it up if I did.

Good Luck Burt!

James
Old 12-30-2009, 01:00 AM

PM sent
Old 12-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Teching In

good looking car
Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks James! I'll add more pics and respond to PM's after work.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

PM's and emails replied. Thanks for all the interest!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

i wouldn't budge off $9500 one cent.. the car is easily worth that and i have seen the car in person, and not hacked one bit, clean as hell. free bump for you burt
Old 12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

and ill trade ya
Old 12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Joey! Sure I'll trade...you give me $9500 and I'll give you the car. Deal?
Old 12-31-2009, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

It is a very nice car, and is a solid build... cause I helped on it lol!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off....wow....did the snowball make it through hell????
i never thought i would see this....
ne ways free bump for a bad *** car
11,500 if fair
9,500 is a steal!!!!!!!!!!
bump bump
Old 01-01-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys. Hoping to get rid of it soon.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camaroman16
Could I get some more pictures to whicks16@gmail.com when you get a chance? Also do you have a build thread on for the LT1 to LS1 swap? Thanks.
email sent. sorry it tool so long. i missed your post. no, i didn't to a build thread, but I can get pictures of the whole build.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Teching In

wow nice build!! If car hasn't sold come tax return time I'm all over this!!! Smokin deal for such a clean setup. Any ideas on dyno numbers or track times?
Old 01-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Teching In

More pictures please to turbobob87@gmail.com

Also does it have heat and does the A/C work? Are there cats on the car? Thanks.

Last edited by Turbo Bob; 01-06-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by carbed94z
wow nice build!! If car hasn't sold come tax return time I'm all over this!!! Smokin deal for such a clean setup. Any ideas on dyno numbers or track times?
Thanks! If it's around after tax season I'll let you know. Dyno numbers should be around 475-480 on the motor. Not sure about track times.

Originally Posted by Turbo Bob
More pictures please to turbobob87@gmail.com

Also does it have heat and does the A/C work? Are there cats on the car? Thanks.
A/C is non-existent, heat works great, and exhaust is a true dual setup (no cats) Pics will be coming shortly. I need access to my other computer.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

whats the compression? Not a big spray guy but i would love to see this car with boost

Quick Reply: 95 Trans Am LS2 Conversion...