Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2002 Yamaha R1 $4k

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Yamaha R1 $4k

Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Price: $4000
Mileage: 18000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): GA
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Here is my 2002 Yamaha R1. It has the 2003 LE fairing set on it along with a D&D slip on, Hotbodies under tail and a 15th front sprocket (-1). Other than that, the bike is stock. I have owned the bike since 12k miles and it now reads 18xxx but the sprocket was on the bike before I bought it so I have no way of knowing the true mileage. Take that for what it's worth. The front tire has been on since 12k and the rear was replaced at 15k due to a nice screw I picked up on Ronald Regan pkwy.

Now for the bad... I have a pretty embarassing story as to how I tipped the bike over in a parking lot. The bike was standing still at the time of the fall and I managed to grab the left grip and ease it to the pavement so the damage was minimal but the tail section does need to be replaced. Also, the shift fork is bent and it doesnt like to stay in second gear unless you are doing a full throttle blast. It doesn't do it all the time, but I would say the majority of the time. I don't have the necessary means to get it fixed so that is why I am selling as is. Also, it is due an oil change.

Other than the second gear deal, I have had no problems with this bike at all. I am a pretty timid rider and do not get crazy on the bike. It has not been stunted durring my ownership at all. Matter of fact, I can count on one hand how many times the front has been in the air due to power wheelies in 1st gear only. Title is in hand.

ICON full leather jacket, HJC helmet and Frank Thomas gloves also available to work into deal.

Price: $4k neg

For guarenteed response, you can reach me at (404) 861-3438 or Diggler24@Gmail.com

I apologise for the picture quality. My niece has misplaced my camera and I had to resort to my phone for photos.

Here are the pics of the damage. In my opinion, given the cost to replace the fairings, it honestly isn't justifiable to fix it. The tail section, maybe, but the lower right side fairing, not at all.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump.