Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Speed Inc TT, HKE 427, Firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed Inc TT, HKE 427, Firehawk

Year: 2000
Make: Pontiac
Price: $50000
Mileage: 50000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NC
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Looking to move my Firehawk to free up some cash for a new home and a new baby girl. The car itself is a 2000 T/A Firehawk, black on black, t-tops, with 50K miles. The car looks 100% stock, other than being lowered. Still rides on factory chrome Firehawk wheels with factory center caps. The car was built primarily as a street car/power tour car, but also to run the standing mile races. Special considerations were taken to ensure that the car would be completely street drivable, yet still make 1200+ hp when required. More info on that below.

The full build (motor, trans, turbo kit, rear, and any new parts listed) has approximately 500 miles on them. I took delivery of the car around April of 2010, took it to the Ocean City, MD spring cruise, and then have not had time to take it out much since with a new baby (actually a 9 month old now).
The quick details on the car are: custom Speed Inc. twin turbo setup (twin billet 67mm turbos) with tons of extras (1150+ rwhp), HKE 427 with ET heads, G-Force T-56, BS3 engine management wired with the factory computer (will pass plug in emissions tests as I did here in NC this year!), 6 piston Wilwood front brakes, Eboost2 boost controller with on the fly changeability.

As noted above, the car was built primarily as a street car, but I wanted to be able to change boost easily and safely. To that end, we went with an Eboost2 controller which allows on the fly changes (up and down buttons) with 6 current settings ranging from base boost of 8psi (750 rwhp) to high boost 23 psi (1150+ rwhp). To accommodate on the fly changes, the car is equipped with BS3 with dual fuel capability. The car runs two separate fuel systems. The stock tank with a fully built fuel setup (walboro in-tank, external filter, braided fill and return lines, billet rails, regulator, and smaller injectors) runs regular pump premium gas and acts as the main fuel system. Under light to medium load and at idle the car runs on premium fuel only. Once at a certain point in the BS3 tables, the secondary completely separate fuel system kicks in and the computer splits the fueling requirements between the two systems. The secondary system consists of a custom built fuel cell in spare tire area which houses a few gallons of C16 and a fully built fuel setup (pump, external filter, braided fill and return lines, billet rails, regulator, and larger injectors). This allows you to go from 8 psi to 23 psi without stopping, changing tunes, etc. Just hit the Eboost2 up button and then hit the gas.

Full details of all the new parts included in the build are listed below, but basically everything on the car was new with the build down to most of the suspension. Below is the link to the Speed Inc. build thread on LS1Tech and a video of the car on the dyno. There are several pictures of the car in that thread and I can get more as requested although the car is currently in winter storage so it will take a few days to get those pictures. I am located in the Greensboro, NC area. I can deliver the car on a trailer (also for sale) within a reasonable distance for the right price.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...speed-inc.html

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX7AcPYaGMg

The best way to contact me is via email at Brandon.Massie@lfg.com

New parts for the turbo build
HK Racing EnginesLSX block
Weisco custom pistons w/ custom 9310 tool steel .200 wall pins
Weisco GFX rings
Callies Compstar rods w/ ARP2000 bolts
Callies Dragonslayer crankshaft
Morel hydraulic lifers
Manton custom pushrods
Melling oil pump
Cometic head gaskets
ARP main and head studs
ETP LS7 heads
Nasty fabbed valve covers
ATI super damper
Sheetmetal elbow

Speed Inc.
Turbo Setup
Custom fabricated turbo setup specific to this car/engine setup
Precision billet 6765S, q-trim exhaust, .91 a/r
Modified core support to move the radiator more upright and forward
Tial 50mm blow off valve, .9 bar
Tial 44mm wasetages, .9 bar
Custom fabricated intercooler
Ceramic coated (black – looks flat black) hot side including the full exhaust system to the bumper (with chrome dual/dual tips)
Powder coated (gloss black) cold side
Custom fabricated dual exhaust – downpipe all the way to the rear bumper
Radiator
Hoses, clamps, silicone couplers, V-bands, etc.
BMR turbo K-member

Engine Management
Big Stuff 3 with Data Acquisition Internal (DAI)
Staged injection upgrade
Speed Inc LS1 F-body BS3 harness (allows factory gauges to work and OBD-II port to still function for emissions purposes)
Fast 3 bar MAP

Boost Controller
Turbosmart eBoost2 -40psi + additional solenoid
Currently setup with 6 boost levels from base boost to 23 psi (car can handle much more than 23 psi)

Fuel Cell
Custom fabricated fuel cell mounted in spare tire location
Fuel lines and fittings
Billet rails
Walboro pump
Regulator
75# injectors

Transmission
G-Force T-56, stock overdrives, triple cone conversion
Twin disk clutch w/ steel flywheel and adjustable mater (same clutch used on Jim’s TT Camaro)
Slave cylinder
Quicktime LS1 to T56 SFI bellhousing

Misc.
Nick Williams 90mm billet throttle body
GMPP LS7 manifold – modified for dual fuel
Aluminum battery box, battery cables and lugs, Optima yellow-top battery, battery moved to back
Alumium driveshaft
Cleaned and degreased underbody
UMI drag bar
Moroso super-duty battery disconnect switch with push/pull disconnect
Custom power steering lines
Wilwood Superlite 6 front brakes, drilled and slotted
New brake lines and fittings, proportioning valve
Moser 9’’ housing w/ back brace, Moser nodular center w/ 3.25 gears, locker, 35 spline axles, bearings, etc.
Strano front sway bar
Koni adjustable shocks
New BFG KDW tires (front)
MT drag radials (rear)

Existing parts include the BMR control arms and panhard bar, Harlan shift ligh in A-pillar vent, Pro5.0 shifter, stock seats, carpet, Firehawk and stock mats, kenwood head unit, infinity Kappa Perfect front speakers, custom sub box w/ Firehawk logo under vinyl, Kicker L7 12’’ sub
Old 12-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Ummm wow. Bump for the only super high dollar 98-02 model fbody I've ever seen posted here that might actually by worth what's being asked. I won't give you the bad news, let just say I hope you have a nice covered storage spot for it. But good luck for sure. That fuel setup is craaazy
Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the bump and I know its not chump change. I'm more than happy to keep it and trust me that sum doesn't even remotely cover the build cost, let alone the car.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

wow.....
Old 12-31-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

The only things deleted are ac and abs?

You said existing parts, as in the car still has the stock seats in it or they are included with the sale? If not the stock seats what's in it right now? Some pictures on the vehicle's condition would be nice also, I'm assuming stock paint?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lythropus,

I have uploaded a few pictures here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php?albumid=17990

I have the full high resolution images as well as some others if you are interested. Just shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll get them to you ASAP.

As far as your other question, in the engine bay, the A/C and ABS have been deleted, along with AIR, EGR, and the cruise control. The car still wears all the original body panels and original paint. Also included in that is the original Firehawk hood, badges, and chrome Firehawk wheels with centercaps. The interior still has the stock carpet, stock seats with functioning lumbar adjustments, factory instrument cluster, etc. The only changes there are the addition of the Harlan shift light in the A-pillar (not really noticeable unless you look for it), the Eboost2 guage in the left most air vent on the drivers side (by the drivers side A-pillar), and an aftermarket radio. I have both the Firehawk floor mats and the original plain floor mats.

If you have any further questions and would like to discuss over the phone instead, please feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll respond with my phone number.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Banned

Brandon

I'm sorry to see it for sale seeing that you really did not get to enjoy it. The asking price is very fair IMO as I know what the build cost.

good luck and hope all is well otherwise
Old 01-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Teching In

freakin sweet man!!!!!! INSANE! bump for the baddest F-body ive ever seen.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one of the sickest street firehawks I have ever seen. Not sure if it's still for sale but here's a free bump

Quick Reply: Speed Inc TT, HKE 427, Firehawk