Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS/T 67 Chevy C10: BBC, solid cam, MT 31x18.5, tubbed, TCI, new trans

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS/T 67 Chevy C10: BBC, solid cam, MT 31x18.5, tubbed, TCI, new trans

Year: 1967
Make: Chevrolet
Model: C/K 10
Price: $7500
Mileage: 99000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NC
Transmission: Automatic
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Just a few notes to begin... I realize this ad is quite long, but I tried to be as detailed as possible so that little would be left to question. If you still have ANY questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

TRADES: I'd be interested in trades for an extended cab or 4dr. truck only. That said, any trade MUST be accompanied by at least $4,500 cash. I have no preference of 2wd or 4wd, so long as the truck is in decent shape.

NADA Classic car: $9,350 in POOR condition, Average $15,800 and $31,200 in excellent condition; link:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...hortbed/Values

One additional note, I am not interested in trading the truck for ANY services, only those items listed above. Please be specific when emailing about the truck: what information you need that isn't listed, your offer, your trade, etc.

This is a 1967 Chevrolet C10 that is an extremely solid truck. Please realize this truck is 43 years old, so yes, there is a little rust to speak of, but it is literally in only 2 easily replaceable spots (little on the inner fender wells, and the floor pan (I have a brand new floor pan for the truck, just haven't replaced)). Worth mentioning there is NO other rust to speak of, surface or otherwise. Additionally, it's now a built 454 big block truck that runs and drives amazingly well, and easily lays rubber as far as you feel like holding the pedal down.. It was originally a 6 cylinder 3 on the tree truck.

When I got the truck, it had been sitting for 2 years, and I bought it on the owners word that it was a strong runner, but had an ignition issue that he could not afford to fix. I took his word on it, but ended up putting more money in than anticipated; however, I replaced things that were likely OK, but worth replacing to ensure everything was good to go for some time to come. I will say the previous owner was right about the motor though! This thing runs STRONG!!! Just a few things I replaced/added: performance distributor (HEI) and plug wires, intake manifold, carb, filter, trans, converter (TCI Streetfighter), waterpump, thermostat, alternator, etc. Once those things were replaced, we fired the truck up, and were really impressed with how well the truck ran. It fires quickly despite sitting for an hour or a week. I am extremely happy with this truck and really wouldn't be looking to sell, but unfortunately some things have happened around the house that must be replaced, and I would also like a smaller truck I could use for daily duty.

Specs are as follows:

Basics:

-Extremely solid body

-As mentioned before, there are 2 spots of rust on the truck, and ONLY 2 spots. The inner fender wells have some rust, but are still pretty solid. Some patch work could EASILY repair this, but with replacement fenders at less than $75 a piece, I'll replace them if I keep the truck. The second spot is the floor pan. As mentioned above I do have one as a replacement. At some point someone a hole in the center section to accommodate a floor shifter (originally a 3 spd. on the tree); so I would replace the driver side and center section (you would need to buy the center section which is the cheapest of the 2 pieces that comprise the floor pan; as with the fender wells this is easily done for approx. $35 per side depending on where you buy the parts from...

-Rear of the truck has been tubbed; however, the axle was NOT narrowed. This will allow the new owner to return to stock if desired or narrow the axle to truly finish the tubbing process. This isn't completely necessary as the truck already has 18" tires, I couldn't imagine needing any more tire...

-Truck is sitting on factory rallies. Rears are 15x15 as they were widened. I've had the tires off and it appears to have been done quite sometime ago, but was done pretty neat and cleanly.
-I work for a car manufacturer and feel pretty strongly about being safe. If I thought the wheels were not correctly widened, I wouldn't drive the truck.

-Tires M/T 31x18.50s out back. Not too much life left in them, but I dont drive the truck that much, so I'm sure they'll last me for quite a while.
-Generic radials up front.

-Wood bed in decent shape, could obviously stand to be restored, but to be factory, it is in great shape with NO cracking, pitting, or breaks. Missing the 2 outside planks on the front (ahead of the fender wells, on the outside); otherwise complete.

-Rockers have been replaced, so they are new.

-Cab corners appear to have been replaced at some point, likely when the rockers were...

-Paint is not the best, but not terrible either. There are several spots of primer, but again, you couldn't ask for a more solid truck overal. Simply get this thing ready for paint, spray it, and have a beautiful truck with the exterior.

-Suspension components dont appear terrible, but will eventually be replaced if I keep the truck.

-12 bolt rearend. The truck does NOT have an LSD or locker. I thought about putting in a mini spool, but seeing has how this truck will see more cruising than drag strip time, I dont feel this is the best option for my personal use or preference... especially with the 18.50s out back. If I keep the truck, it will receive an LSD.

Drivetrain:

***I HAVE been into the motor and I know how the valve train top end looks - good, clean, and no scoring to note. Please see specifics concerning the motor and heads below.

-According to the PO, the motor is extremely fresh, and the heads even more so. I unfortunately don't know the specs on all the internals of the motor as the PO didn't provide a build sheet; however, as you will see when you come take a look, the truck is extremely sound, and VERY strong.

-70's 454. However, as I'm sure you know, the heads were the problem with this era of the big block (large chamber, rectangle ports, so no compression). With better, Pre-smog heads, the motors really come alive and return to their late-60s muscle car power. This motor/truck are no different.

-The BBC has the "820" heads. Just as an FYI, there are 3 sets of factory oval port heads that really make a difference on these motors. If my memory serves me correctly they are the 781s, 019s, and the 820s. This truck has the latter as noted.

-210/198 (larger than stock) valves

-Solid cam/rockers/valvetrain; I HAVE verified this when I was in the motor.

-The truck lops pretty hard, but not so hard that it's lost all its power just to sound impressive. This motor appears, and feels as though it was built with true power in mind, not just making something that sounded good for Friday night cruises.

-Holley 850 Double Pumper

-Edlebrock Performer RPM intake manifold

-New voltage reg.

-New alternator

-New Gold Battery

-New Thermostat

-Fresh Coolant

-Fresh Oil

-Fresh Trans Fluid

**Brand new trans (built TH350, will easily hold 500+ HP)

**New TCI Streetfighter Torque converter (3500 stall, but maintains very good street manners). In my opinion this is NOT too large a stall for the street. This is my first auto. muscle car (I have always been a manual guy), and it feels prefect to me.

I feel like I've listed everything I can think of for the truck; however, as I think of things, I will update the ad.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions and I'll do my best to respond as quickly as possible. I feel the truck is pretty accurately represented, but as with anything, I am human, and it's possible I forgot something.

Based on the other trucks I've seen for sale, I feel the truck is worth the asking price especially with the built Big Block, and considering nearly every truck on here is some variation of the small block chevy. Feel free to make a reasonable offer. If you offer is dramatically less than my asking price, please at least back it up with some sort of reasoning.. I bought and sold a lot of cars the last few years, and feel like I do pretty well with pricing, but when dealing with classics/antiques, it's a little more difficult. A lot of pricing is subjective and dependent on local markets. I have assesed these markets, and feel the truck is priced well; however, I am open to offers as I'd really like to get a few things for the house and a smaller truck more usable as a daily.

$7,500 OBO or partial TRADE.

Hauling the truck home:

Last edited by Works243t; 01-28-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Teching In

bump... mainly looking for trades... ignore sales price
Old 01-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Bump... Really need this thing gone... $7500 OBO. Trade must come with at least $4K cash.

Quick Reply: FS/T 67 Chevy C10: BBC, solid cam, MT 31x18.5, tubbed, TCI, new trans