Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Camaro SS w/ LS6 Lingenfelter motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1998 Camaro SS w/ LS6 Lingenfelter motor

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $10500
Mileage: 119100
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VA
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

1998 Camaro SS with 119xxx miles on the body. Motor has appx 5k. Car is silver in color with black accents. LS6 motor and t56 six speed manaul transmission.

Details on car
Lingenfelter ls6 bottom end
lingenfelter rebuilt top end
11.5-1 compression
Large cam comp cams 54-448-11
Comp Cams .625
Edelbrock water pump
Magnaflow Catback exhaust
Fully functional fiberglass ram air hood.
lowered on all four corners
Corvette rims/mickey thompson drag radials
RAM2 Clutch
the rear has 3.73 gears in it not stock, has Jegs girdle on it and better axles
Drilled slotted rotors and new brakes

Bads are that the car surges a little bit when Idling because of the cam. The passenger side window goes up and down slower than the drivers side, but a normal problem. The interior is good minus the drivers seat is starting to wear down. The tint on the windows isn't the greatest but they work. Interior and under hood is a little dirty, but very presentable. Motor and transmission
run hard, this isn't for the faint of heart or young kids. There is probably a lot more I'm missing about the car, but I have a lot of information if you just ask. PM Me and I'll get you what I have, if you want me to send pics/vids please let me know. I would love to keep the car, just too much trouble for me, as in I'll be in the courthouse paying tickets off weekly. This is good for somebody who wants a fast car cheap. Best offers considered, or trades plus money would work too. If you think the price is too high please let me know I'm willing to work work a little bit.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Camaro SS w/ LS6 Lingenfelter motor-camaro1.jpg   1998 Camaro SS w/ LS6 Lingenfelter motor-camaro2.jpg   1998 Camaro SS w/ LS6 Lingenfelter motor-camaro3.jpg  

Last edited by blubaldmontess; 02-17-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Also has ls2 timing chain and ls6 oil pump.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Don't make me blow this thread up too... you need to come clean on all the "details"...
Old 02-17-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by weeble1
Don't make me blow this thread up too... you need to come clean on all the "details"...
Can I haz details??
Old 02-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

I'm getting the details as well, waiting for a response VIA pm
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Teching In

also in for "details"
Old 02-17-2012, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

in the first pic the back bumper looks funny, and there is no stripe on the hood
Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Sir, I don't know who you are but are these the "Details" you were looking for? This is the old craigslist post I found about two days after I bought the car from a body guy who said that he bought the car and fixed it. Sooooo, if its that the cars been wrecked, yes, it was, the rearend replaced, the front rack and pinion replaced, and body work was done so looking at it now you cannot tell. Are there problems with the car, yes, I've listed teh problems, if I find more problems, as I've not driven teh car but about 200 miles, I repair them as I go. If you would like to talk to me about hiding something, I am not. A gentleman has already contacted me about the car, and he was made aware of all repairs done to the car. Pictures shown are the actual pictures of the car as it sits right now in my driveway. If you have any other issues, please address wtih me instead of implying anything. Thank you

Here is the CL description I pulled before it was taken down:

this is a 1998 ss camaro silver in color, 6-speed, charcoal interior, t tops. 119,xxx miles on the car, engine is the good part less than 5 thousand on brand new lingenfelter block with forged pistons and 11.5 to 1 compression and a comp cams 6.05 lift cam, heads got sent back to lingenfelter to be milled and got 625 lift comp cam springs and new valve seats. computer was tuned by the guy that lingenfelter uses. clutch is a 600 hp ram hd. ls2 timing chain and ls6 oil pump both from texas speed...it has been wrecked and needs a rear or an axle shaft, rack and pinion and a ball joint. motor runs great through
Old 02-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

In the first picture the bumper was not put back on. Thats why it looks funny
Old 02-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Launching!

That's all I wanted to hear. You should have said that the car was wrecked in the beginning. Btw... the ORIGINAL owner will be posting soon with exactly what happened and what was replaced.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Well, thank you. The gentleman I bought the car from did the body work and said he had tried to get the specs of everything for the car from him. I'm not trying to rip anybody off, not in the business of doing so. If a good offer comes around, its gone, no problem. I'm honest about everything. The monte carlo I traded away, the car I loved, I was totally honest about every bolt on that car. I wished you would have PMd me about this instead of making it such a big deal, cars for sale, hate to see it sitting in my driveway not being driven.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Had I not made it a public issue, how do I know that you would have been honest with folks? As I stated, the fact that the car was in an accident should have been made public in the first place. Now, back to the car... I have seen this car in person (prior to the accident) and it really is a nice piece. If the body guy did the job correctly, someone will be buying a very nice car with s VERY stout motor. GLWS.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you weeble. If your buddy has the specs on teh car, I'd be more than happy to have them all, or at least all the ones he had. Car is beautiful, and yes, very fast very powerful.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Teching In

hey man i am up here in tennessee, not too far from you. you have a good lookin car and i am interested, i have several f body cars as i buy and sell these things on the regular. i would like to know your bottom dollar price cash money in hand or if you would be interested in taking a really nice built 95 z28 6 speed car, it has fresh 355 with forged bottom end, big cam kit with good springs and rockers, heads have had a great port job with aftermarket valves, long tubes, etc. car looks sweet, has torq thrust 2 wheels. i would be willing to ad cash on top. like i said i have several of these cars but for some reason i am really wanting a ls1 ss car to mess with. just give me a yell if you are interested 865 567 1261 or 865 269 4855 my name is logan
Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 PM

I am the original owner of this car. Firstly, I would really apprechiate if you would remove the picture of the Lingenfelter specs that has MY PERSONAL INFORMATION on it!!!!! Whether it's blacked out or not, MY name is still there and you should never have been able to recieve it from them anyway. If you want the specs i will gladly send them to you! Second - how can you try to sell a car that you know has been wrecked and say "you didn't know until you found the ad" news flash you bought it from a BODY man obviously he had it TO FIX IT!!! The car WAS wrecked and it sat for almost a year ! as i said before please remove the picture or it will be reported!

AND Electric water pumps ARE NOT Belt Driven - so NO it does not have an electric water pump hence the belt thats wrapped around it!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Teching In

dang lol everybody is blowing you up man, i am not here to haggle you just hit me up i am interested in the car i dont care if it has been totaled lol i own a body shop so no big deal.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Not totalled, title is sitting in the back seat of the car clean and clear. I have no problems with anybody saying anything about the car, would rather the next owner know it all than think that I'm trying to lie to them.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a bad looking car. Looks like it was fixed right. none the less
Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

all pms answered.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Stock cubes?