Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 ECSB Z71 Cammed 6.0/Built trans etc $10,000 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 ECSB Z71 Cammed 6.0/Built trans etc $10,000 OBO

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Silverado 1500
Price: $10000
Mileage: 185000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Beige
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Time has come for me to move on, Ive owned this truck for almost a decade and am looking for a change. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with this truck and would not hesitate to take a cross-country drive in it.

History:
I bought it during the summer of 04 from a 70 year old man from northerner Alabama who used it to drive back and forth to Tennessee. It had 120,000 miles on it and was in great shape, even had the factory brake pads which were a PITA to change out I am the second owner.

I proceeded to mod it and for anyone who has been on the site a while knows its has many different variations through the years. After the last motor blew up it sat in my garage from the spring of 06 to the fall of 2010. So it sat for a long time out of the weather, thus the IMO very clean condition of the truck.

It was my DD from 04-06 then after that I got a company truck so I havent put that many miles on it besides the fact that it sat for so long. All mods unless otherwise noted have approximately 4,000 miles on them.

This truck has never been a mud truck or anything like that, its been used on muddy deer lease roads but Ive never sunk it out in a mud pit or anything like that.

Current condition:
It has approximately 185,000 miles on it, the approximate is because Ive gone through 5 different clusters through the years so Ive lost track of exactly what its got on it. I do know its no more than 190,000 but the only thing that hasnt been replaced on this truck is the bushings and front wheelbearings. The fact that the wheelbearings havent been replaced should tell you how well taken care of this truck is.

The truck has never been wrecked, or repainted. Its got a scratch behind each wheelwell where the previous owner had grandpa mudflaps on it like these.

There are two small dings on the side of the bed, one from accidentally running my engine hoist into it and one that was previously there when I bought it.

Maintenance:
THe front diff was rebuilt ~40,000 miles ago when the rear diff had the eaton installed. The pitman and idler arm were also replaced ~60,000 miles ago. The rest is factory, but there isnt any wheelbearing whine and no excessive slack in the steering wheel. Im sure it could use new tie rods or the updated intermediate steering shaft installed but it isnt bad so I havent messed with it. The tcase was rebuilt with new bearings around 165,000 miles.
The water pump, power steering pump were replaced 4,000 miles ago as well as upgraded to a new 145 amp alternator. The starter and AC compressor are still the factory units.
The battery was replaced with an Optima red top at that time too.

Mods:
34" radiator
07+ Efans with Blackbear two pin harness
Will have a Nelson tune installed at sale time
Stock intake system
03 LQ4
Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam
Patriot dual gold springs
Comp hardened pushrods
LPP long tube headers with catless ypipe and 3.5" cutout
Aluminized custom catback with factory 6.2 muffler(nice and quiet)
Built 60e with good clutches and shift kit(buddy has this same trans in a H/C 5.3 Z71 for 6 years with no problems)
2600 trailblazer stall converter
Tru-Cool 40K GVW trans cooler with push lock -6AN line
Eaton LSD with T/A diff girdle
Braided stainless Earls brake lines

The truck was built with the intentions of throwing a radix supercharger on it thus the cam and converter choice. With the addition the blower it has 11 second 1/4 mile capability since the foundation is there.

Interior:
Its a standard LS trim level truck. I replaced the power window regulators/motors with AC Delco units about 4,000 miles ago. It has power windows, locks and power front seats. Also has the center console, I deleted the tape player and added the GM pocket insert.
It has husky liner floor liners front and back with a duhua rear underseat storage insert.
The door speakers are Kenwood components with an Alpine reciever. It is not a CD player, it is called a media headunit or something like that, this is it.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
It could use an amp or a small set of subs to get the most out of it but Im not into overly-loud music these days so its served its purpose.
The cloth seats are in excellent condition and I am a not a smoker so the interior does not smell bad.
5% tint on all windows
Stock escalade cluster with 59,XXX miles on it

Exterior:
Totally stock appearance wise
Tires have less than 2K miles on them, they are Liberator A/Ts in 265/75R16 size.
The fog lights do not work due to the lenses missing. They dont put out much light anyway so Ive never worried about them but if you want them functional youll need to buy two new housings and builds then youll be in business.

What does NOT come with the truck:
Wideband
Trailer brake controller
AMW catchcan
Weatherguard toolbox
B&W ball mount

Any of the local guys can tell you just how clean this truck is, I really do hate to sell it but Im just ready for a change after having it so long and looking to possibly get back into a diesel. Im looking for 10,000 OBO NO TRADES, I have the title in hand and am ready to deal. The truck is located in Austin, Texas. Thanks for looking

These are quick camera phone pictures I took but Ill get some better ones or any specific requests up within the next week or so after I get it cleaned up better since its been raining the last few days.

Passenger seat

Drivers seat

Last edited by 1slow01Z71; 02-20-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM

More pics and added to description
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM

Bumpity
Old 02-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Up top