Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

For Sale 1000hp 427 Twin Turbo Z06 2006 Corvette with 142 miles on it

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For Sale 1000hp 427 Twin Turbo Z06 2006 Corvette with 142 miles on it

Year: 2006
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $87500
Mileage: 142
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IA
Color: Yellow
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

For Sale 1000hp 427 Twin Turbo Z06 2006 Corvette with 142 miles on it

Let me start off my saying I only had the Z06 corvette for about 10-15 miles before I made up my mind to pull the stock Z06 427 505hp motor out and put in a new high performance 427ci motor with twin turbo that can make over 1000hp, it was just over a two year project to get it all done. The car’s odometer is very close to matching the miles on the new motor, just 142 miles on the car.

The car is in perfect condition inside and out and drives great on the road with HUD and Navigation.

Let me start off with telling you about the motor. I started my build with a Warhawk LS7X Block. The Warhawk LS7X blocks are made of rugged 357-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy. Priority main oiling feeds crankshaft first and top-end last. Dry sump systems - scavenge pick-up at rear of block. Billet steel C5R style main cap with 200,000 psi ARP studs. Block has extra head studs per cylinder for a total of 6 head studs per cylinder. Stud holes counter bored to eliminate distortion. The block has 0.100" dry sleeves and 0.300" aluminum support. Designed to Handle Big Boost, not only is the Warhawk Block reinforces in all critical areas, but there are provisions for two extra studs per cylinder head. This substantially increases the available clamping force, allowing engine builders to employ high combustion pressure with complete confidence. Next on the list was the Warhawk LS7X 12 Degree 6 bolt heads CNC Ported by Total Engine Airflow with 296cc Intake & 110cc Exhaust runners, with 6 bolt per cylinder provided extra sealing for high boosted applications. I worked with JE Pistons to get custom 9:1CR pistons rated for 1,500 hp and had the skirts coated to reduce drag. I went with Callies Compstar Connecting Rods and Dragon Slayer Crank. I worked with Cam Motion Cam 232/226 622/608 114 4 degree advance built into the cam Int open at 6 degrees close at 46 degrees Exh open at 51 degrees close at -5 degrees. I used all coated bearings, Clevite Coated Rod Bearings, Dura-Bond Coated Cam Bearings, Morel Lifters, Comp 919 Springs, Stainless Crower Shaft Rockers, 5/16” Comp Cam Push Rods, 2-Bar Map Sensor, LS7 port matched intake, 95lb injectors, APR 6 Bolt Head Studs, APR Cam Bolts, APR Clutch Bolts, APR Header Bolt, ATi Balancer, billet aluminum engraved valve covers, and C5R Timing Chain. Just in the build of the motor I have $21,787 to get a motor that can take huge boost and make over 1000rwhp.

The Turbo System I went with a APS Z06 Twin Turbo System with Garret GT3582R true ball bearing liquid cooled. I sent in the turbos and exhaust manifolds to Jet-Hot Coatings and had them ceramic coated, the full system is fully Up-Graded from the fuel pumps, fuel lines, fuel rails, fuel regulator, and 95lb injectors. I mounted a Turbo Smart E-Boost Controller 2 in the dash that allows me to have preset boost settings or even have boost by gear. The turbo kit and upgrades cost me $15,033.

As for the car I upgraded the stock radiator to a Ron Davis Racing Radiator, Spec Clutch Super Twin ST-Trim Torque Capacity 1595, upgraded Driveshaft from Thedriveshftshop, Forgeline SP39 Rims 18x10 Front 18x13 Rear with BFGoodrich 345/30R18 Drag Radials BFGoodrich 295/35R18, Hurt Shifter, and RK Super Charge Hood. All the oils used in the car from the rear-end, power steering, and engine oil are Royal Purple. I also had custom stainless steel finder badges made that make the car stand apart for the rest of the Z06s.
In the body of the car I have $43,394 with the upgrades. The upgrades to the stock body ran me $7,239

Flow sheet for the heads ported by Total Engine Air Flow. You will not find a better set of heads for flow numbers from .300-.600 lift. I’ve seen heads that flowed 411cfm at 0.600 but when graphed over my flow numbers the volume of air between the .300-.600 lift on my heads was 61cfm more. That means these heads are letting more air flow during the time the valves are opening and closing.

The valves are Manely Exhaust 1.625” and Intake 1.250”.

With the heads done I had them shipped off to Crower to let them use the heads to design new shaft rockers. They came up with some very nice stainless steel shaft rockers for me. If anyone is interested they are 1:8 ratio part # 74110 with needle bearing tip option total cost $1,573. Thank you Crower and Dj David for the rockers.

The block looks like a work of art!!

I upgraded the driveshaft, here is a pic side by side of the stock vs. Thedriveshftshop Upgraded Driveshaft

The motor looked badass once it was all together and ready to drop it in.

I got the turbo and exhaust back from HotJet and they looked great.

I was very happy on how the valve covers came out.

They look even better on the engine.

Take a look at the tires I got for it. 295 front and 345 rear.

When Speed Inc got the car on the dyno it spent the next few days on there. They made a video of one of the dyno runs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-hXuO5Hdmw

Jim set up the boost controller with presets:
SP1 6psi making 592rwhp 573rwtq on dynorun 25
SP2 9psi 690rwhp 654rwtq on dynorun 27
SP3 13psi 815rwhp 803rwtq on dynorun 31
SP4 15.5psi 878rwhp 899rwtq on dynorun 39

If I add in the 12% powertrain loss the car would be rated at 1001hp 900.4 at the motor. With the motor only having 142 miles on it and not fully broken in yet I didn’t get a money shot of the car running C16 race fuel at higher boost.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Launching!

You got to love the super charger hood

The 345 tires look great on it

The motor looks great!

Video of the car being revved up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEO81fFBu6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrI_3ymDekw

I’m looking to sell the car for $87,500 or I will take low miles Z06 on trade in plus cash. I’m willing to take the car to any dealership within a reasonable distance to have the car checked out for you. I have already had the car inspected at one of the local dealerships and have a copy of the report. Also I have a ton more pictures of the car and pictures of every part that was put into the car.

My email is extremecorvette1@hotmail.com or my cell phone #563-506-3505

I’ve also have shipping quotes done to ship the car to Dubai, to ship the car enclosed from my house to the port $1,300, at the port a 20’ dedicated container for $1,920, insurance to cover the car in case of loss or damage 2% of the value $2,000, total shipping cost $5,220.

I’ve been told by a person they paid a company to handle the clearance through customs, inspection, registration, and getting insurance, 5% duty on the wholesale value, so it was a easy process. There fee was $800.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Mother of god.... That's tasty
Old 03-14-2012, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

That is god.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

I just have to ask..why are you selling? Lol
Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stippy17
I just have to ask..why are you selling? Lol
Well 6 months ago I accepted a new job and to keep from having to drive 70-80 minutes one away I rented my old house out and I’m currently renting. I think it’s about time I buy another house so that means I need to free up some money. I really don’t want to sell my other home since I have more than 50% of it paid off and have great renters in the house.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Launching!

work of art, good luck with sale
Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

MOTHER OF GOD!! lol Sweet!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Thank you
Old 03-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Teching In

I could be wrong- but isn't this the same car you had for sale three years ago? You stated body had 10,000 miles and engine almost 3,000 miles?. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...e-to-sell.html

Last edited by dprescott878; 03-15-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Launching!

I posted that to find out what the car would be worth if I bought one and did the project. As an engineer I don't do anything without planning it out to the T and knowing every cost and my risk. I knew when I started the project I wanted a low miles Z06 and Yellow or Blue if I could find one. I knew I wouldn't keep it forever and wanted to know what it would be worth when I sold it so that I could find out how much of a hit I would take.

In that post I put that I wanted to use a double roller timing chain, it wasn't until I started the project I found out that only a single would work on the block and that is why I went with a Katech C5R chain. Also I put in that post I was going to us an 83lb injector but after Speed Inc built a car just like mine they found the 95lb worked better and was at a lower cost. I also upgrade the drive shaft after hearing about issues the stock one was having. I looked back on my excel sheet and I did start buying parts in early 2008. When I got the motor in the car in 2010 I trailered it to Speed Inc. they had it for 15 min on the dyno when they told me the lifters was not priming up and I had to trailer it home and pull the heads and replace them over the winter. I then trailed it back to Speed Inc 5/20/11 and have them try again when they found a new issue that the car didn't want to rev over 6,000rpms. Then they gave me the option to just have their engine builder rebuild the new motor, with all new bearings, bore and hone, new rings, and replace the Shafer Racing Lifters with Morel. It wasn't until 10/15/11 I picked up the car from Speed Inc and was able to drive the car. I car was driven around a little bit but with the cold weather even at 6lbs boost I couldn't get traction. I about put the car sideways on the I-80 going a rolling start from 65mpg.
If you like I can post the bills from Speed Inc. and for any person interested in the car I would turn over all the receipts for the car. I have a folder just over 1inch thick.

I went scanned the last bill for dyno tunning and rebuilding the motor from Speed inc so people can know I wasn't out driving the car around in 2008.

Last edited by extremecorvette; 03-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: For Sale 1000hp 427 Twin Turbo Z06 2006 Corvette with 142 miles on it