Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): PA
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine
*** SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD ***
1999 Onyx Black Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Hardtop
5.7 Liter 346 Cubic Inch V8 "LS1" Engine
4-Speed 4L60-E Transmission
2.73:1 Positraction Rear
Power Windows, Power Locks, Leather Interior, Ice Cold A/C
Brand New PA Inspection Good Until June 2013!!
I bought the car in June of 2005 to replace my 1992 V6 Camaro. This 1999 Camaro was a two owner car with 62,000 miles on it, and I am the third (the Carfax shows a fourth owner purchase in 2009 but it was still mine as I transferred the car out of my mother's name when I moved out). The car has never seen daily driver duty, I've always had a secondary car to use to get back and forth to work/haul stuff when the weather wasn't nice. It was stored under a car cover from 2005 -- mid 2009 when I bought a house with a garage, so since then it was stored in there. I have tried my best to keep it in pristine shape and it sure does show. The leather has absolutely no rips in it, even in the drivers side left bolster! It has been driven in the rain only a handful of times since I've had it, and got caught in the freak October 2" snowstorm we had last year. Other than that, it's been a sunny day cruiser. I am selling because I just upgraded to a Corvette.
Engine Related Performance Mods
- SLP Air Lid with K&N filter - (installed at approximately 65,000 miles, filter cleaned regularly)
- SLP Loudmouth II Stainless Steel Exhaust with dual 3.5" Slash Cut Tips (installed at approximately 65,000 miles)
- MSD Ignition Wire Set (installed at approximately 80,000 miles)
- NGK TR5 Spark Plugs gapped to factory specs (installed at approximately 80,000 miles)
Exterior Appearance Mods
- 17" x 9.5" Chrome C5 Corvette Z06 Replica wheels with Kuhmo Ecsta 275/40/ZR17 Tires (stock rims/tires with low miles also included in sale)
- SLP "Bowtie" Front Grille
- Aftermarket "Halo" Headlights (stock ones available and will be included)
- Windows Tinted (15% Rear, 35% on driver and passenger door)
- "CAMARO" white letter inserts on rear panel
- Clear front turn signal lamps with amber bulbs
Interior Appearance Mods
- Macewen Silver Face Guage Package with Trans Am Bezel (see pics)
- Brand New OEM floor mats
- Alpine CDA-9856 Radio with CD & iPod hookup (in glovebox) and 3 pre-amp outputs
- Alpine Type-R 6.5" 2-way speakers in sail panels
- JBL/MB Quartz 2-way components in doors/defroster vents
- Car is cleanly wired under carpets for addition of amplifiers, subwoofers, etc. (can draw up a diagram)
- Factory equipment included with purchase
- Original radio harness and speaker harnesses were not altered in any way (adapters were used or the harnesses were simply bypassed and new wires ran)
- Koni single way adjustable shock absorbers (fronts are on-car adjustable, rears are off-car adjustable) -- installed at approximately 78,000 miles
- Strano Performance springs - these springs are arguably the best springs you can buy for a fourth gen LS1 car. They are produced by Vogtland springs and spec'd by Sam Strano, a well renowned SCCA racecar enthusiast. The springs lower the car approximately 1.25" on all four corners and feature a progressive spring rate that allows for optimum cornering capabilities.
- UMI Adjustable Rear Panhard Bar -- used to center the rear after the car has been lowered. We set this once when the lowering was done, and it does not need to be altered.
- Zinc Washed/Drilled/Slotted front & rear brake rotors with Hawks HPS Pads -- installed at approximately 78,000 miles. The zinc plating prevents rust on areas not touched by the pads.
- Earl's Stainless Steel Brake Lines -- installed at approximately 86,000 miles. These brake lines firm up the pedal tremendously! Let's put it this way, the 41,000 mile Corvette I just bought doesn't stop as good as this car.
General Maintenance Item Replacement
- New AC-Delco Alternator -- installed at 92,000 miles when the original died
- New Gates Water Pump -- installed at 90,000 miles when gaskets behind pump started leaking so I put a pump on it while I was in there
- New Thermostat -- installed at 90,000 miles
- LT1 Style Radiator -- installed at approximately 85,000 miles as precautionary measure, the LT1 radiator is slightly thicker than an LS1 style due to the LT1's iron block and it is a direct bolt-in.
- New AC-Delco Radiator Cap
- New Main Accessory Belt
- Battery was replaced 1.5 years ago
- Transmission flush at 77,000 miles and B&M transmission cooler added
All major driveline components are original and in excellent operating order. The engine makes no noise and has plenty of power throughout the entire power band. The transmission has never missed a beat at all during my time with it. The rear axle has never whined and the fluid was changed (with friction modifier) at approximately 75,000 miles. I have never taken this car to the track, and I have driven it with the intent on keeping it forever but we all know how that goes. Any questions, just ask! See the pictures, they speak for themselves!
Asking: $6,599 OBO -- No reasonable offer turned down! I have the title clean and clear, no fussing around with banks to pay off a loan with this car. Serious inquiries only! Please no lowballers, joy riders, and tire kickers. Keep in mind that the car needs to sell but I am not in a rush so I will wait until the best offer comes around. I do not do payment plans; I will accept cash or a certified bank check. Also, I don't want your 1995 V6 Mustang as a trade (sorry). Thanks for taking the time to look at my ad!
Mike -- Aston, PA -- Cell: (Four Eight Four) - 557-3329