Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Camaro 1LE Street Legal Track Car

Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1998 Camaro 1LE Street Legal Track Car

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $14000
Mileage: 68000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Hi folks,

My 98 1LE Camaro was the love of my life for many years since the day it was delivered in early Sept of 1997. Unfortunately I have had it on Collector Car insurance and haven't put more than 500 miles per year on it for the last 3 years. It was delivered as a 1LE with M6. That means no other options other than the Koni DAs. A lot has been done since then.

Since than I have spent better than $40,000 making it "better." It now sports an LS2 402 built by Scoggins Dickey using all forged components. It has a LS6 intake with TEA heads and a relatively mild cam on a 114 lobe center although I do have a spare on a 112 lobe center for a little more high end power but a little less idle smoothness.

It is now running Eibach's with Koni SAs on the front and rear. It has a welded lowered panhard bar for a lower rear roll center and a Blaine Fab custom 5 point bar, easily convertible to a full cage if you like. It has all the necessary upgraded parts (oil pump, high rpm idler pulley, LTs, strong torque arm, rebuilt 6 speed with upgraded parts, better clutch with aluminum flywheel, etc, etc.) I have tuned it myself and have all that equipment to pass on it you like. I also have what may be the only 98 pcm that has been set up by Roadrunner for on the fly tuning. It is still in the box and has never been installed. A Recaro Drivers seat, 4 point harness, on and on. I honestly can't think of a thing that would have made it a better track car that I haven't done or had done. Note: the chrome ZR1 wheels are on it now.

There is really too much to list. You can take your 98 (likely with more miles) and spend a year and $40,000 to make one likely not as good as this one or buy mine with all its parts and spares for $14,000 and run HPDE anywhere in the country as well as drive it on the street.

It currently is licensed in Az and has passed smog in both Az and Nv in its current condition. It passed smog in Ca back with its heads/cam 346.

Thank you for looking. It is available to see in the San Diego area for the next couple of months.

Perry
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Camaro 1LE Street Legal Track Car-1998-camera-1le-track-car.jpg-1.jpg   1998 Camaro 1LE Street Legal Track Car-1998-camera-1le-track-car.jpg-1-2.jpg   1998 Camaro 1LE Street Legal Track Car-1998-camera-1le-track-car.jpg-1-3.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1998 Camaro 1LE Street Legal Track Car