Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1987 Turbo Regal T-Type (Grand National) 1 of 5

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Turbo Regal T-Type (Grand National) 1 of 5

Year: 1987
Make: Buick
Model: Regal
Price: $15000
Mileage: 63000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Looking to trade for Corvette etc.
Only 5 Turbo Regals were built for the Dept of Energy for alternate fuel testing program....
These cars were shipped from GM straight to Michigan Automotive Research Corp in approx. May 1987 to be modified to run alt fuel. (Methanol)
These 5 were to be tested with methanol as a viable alternate fuel source.
I have documentation about the program and cars.
Only THREE known to exist now......all the documents i have will go with car...

The 5 cars were modified as follows:

1)30 gallon stainless steel fuel cells in stock location, two pump setup was also ultilized.
2)8an/6an fuel lines, nickel plated fuel rails, cutom hobbs switch to control second pump at boost.
3)injector balance box was used for custom injectors.
4)chrome moly rings
5)custom e-prom
6)dual filter setup
7)the trunk pan was modified for tank clearence,and the spare tire lays flat in trunk. theres also a fuel pump access plate in floor for easy pump servive.(all Turbo Regals shouldve came with this feature).
8)waring sticker on dash,and gas door.there was stickers on rear glass and each outside C pillar.

Condition:
The car is in excellent condition. No rust, tight as new, truly exceptional for a 1987. The car is also one of the lowest option count Turbo Regals built. I think it only has 52 otion codes. Brakes are in good shape. The car was re-painted a couple years ago, and looks very nice. The interior is like new, seats are in great condition.
A Lesabre cluster with RPMs replaced the factory Regal cluster and a fiberglass molded gage package on the a pillar with a boost,fuel pressure,wideband gages.
A scanmaster on top of dash on cluster trim, power logger installed to oem ecm and TT chip burnt for E85 fuel the car now runs on.
The windows are tinted, very nice alarm with gps tracker, remote starter, keyless entry, power door locks, power trunk release,two way remote control and completely hidden. The entire dash was removed to solder security system in harness and hidden to look factory.
Mods:
TE44 turbo
power plate
new old stock complete power master system installed
new coolant overflow and washer tanks..
new hood shocks
reds volt booster
precision flow matched 60lb injectors
3 1/2 down pipe, cut out, no cat. (Sounds unreal with cut out open)
cold air setup.
streched stock location intercooler.
torque strap.
two red xp pumps
custom 8 ga fp hot wire kit
new cam, timing set, roller cam button, lifters, springs. new oil pump and mods done by Richard Clark.
PTC 10" L/U torque converter...2800 stall.lowest possible.
stock oem date coded hoses,rad,coil pack. oem wires included.
chrome up pipe, chrome turbo cover.
recent flush with universal coolant and RMI-25...
i run 10w40 dino oil and ZDDP with every oil change..
dynamax dual exhaust
posi added
pinion snubber added.
drive shaft safty loop added.
oem am/fm delco stereo. new speakers.
new rubber installed at time of paint. new emblems.
all body mounts good.The car has 62900 miles now.. Very quiet and smooth. Very fast and relaible.

Couple issues:
The factory (rope) rear main seal has a leak and the headliner is starting to separate. Other than those 2 things, the car is great.

I get lots of compliments from people who know what it is. Then I get compliments from younger people who dont know what it is. It runs 7.50's at 90+ mph in the eigth. (11.50-60s) They get a good view of the back of the car before they compliment. The car is very rare, documented, and going up in value.
Attached Thumbnails 1987 Turbo Regal T-Type (Grand National) 1 of 5-1328984564726.jpg   1987 Turbo Regal T-Type (Grand National) 1 of 5-1329142398646.jpg   1987 Turbo Regal T-Type (Grand National) 1 of 5-1329142216924.jpg  

Last edited by novi331; 05-01-2012 at 10:09 AM.