Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Camaro FS

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 Camaro FS

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $1200
Mileage: 168000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

******Edit- see post 3 for updates******

Hey guys, I have an 01 6 cylinder Camaro T top car that I picked up as a project, but have another kid on the way, so I know I'll have no time to deal with it.

The car is pretty much all there- BUT it has a rebuilt Arkansas title. It looks like it took a high hit in the rear and they did a horrible job on the rear panel- the tail lights, hatch and bumper line up like crap. I was going to attempt to straighten it first and if I had no luck, just replace it with one from a parts car a buddy has. It does run, but has a blown headgasket at the moment. The paint also looks like Ray Charles did it- definite five footer, but amazingly it will wetsand and buff out fairly well and look presentable- I tested it on the drivers fender. I planned on straightening out the body and reshooting the car when the time came.

Not a perfect car, but a great start for a project or just throw headgaskets on it, clean it up and use it as a beater.

I'm going to go pull the car up now and get some pics. Thanks.
Joe

Last edited by kwiksilverz; 06-06-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here are the pics. Looks like they just set a monkey loose on the rear panel with a "B.F.H.". Overall, the car is very usable though.
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Camaro FS-100_1450.jpg   2001 Camaro FS-100_1444.jpg   2001 Camaro FS-100_1443.jpg   2001 Camaro FS-100_1442.jpg   2001 Camaro FS-100_1449.jpg  

Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bringing this back up. I started to straighten the quarter/rear panel area out and the quarter is in primer and jambed. I will probably spray it shortly as well, just don't know if I am going to waste my time towing it to the shop to use the booth or not.

I also put a clean set of used heads and new head gaskets and such on it to get it up and running, but learned the hard way that it has a weak cylinder. The car runs, drives, shifts well, cold ac, etc. just has a slight miss due to the low compression in one cylinder (90psi compared to ~150 in the others). This is more noticeable at idle and goes away at cruise. It may be in the head, but I am not going to tear it back down to find out, so it is going as-is. I have no use for this car and actually just bought an 02 TA so I didn't have to deal with the swap. Let me know if interested. Thanks.
Joe
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Camaro FS-imag1373.jpg   2001 Camaro FS-imag1374.jpg   2001 Camaro FS-imag1411.jpg   2001 Camaro FS-imag1414.jpg   2001 Camaro FS-imag1424.jpg  

Last edited by kwiksilverz; 06-06-2012 at 07:11 PM.